Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 18, 2009, 02:16 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I was actually gonna buy this game but I think i'll just pirate it for the single player now. No desire to play the multiplayer anymore.
Old October 18, 2009, 02:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

31008 .. growing every second!!

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old October 19, 2009, 02:10 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

If you are going to cancel your pre-order, send a screenshot to info@infinityward.com, or just your opinion ;)
Old October 19, 2009, 03:52 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I gotta say even fromt he casual gamer standpoint, this is a MAJOR pain in the ass...

Some servers I do not want to play since they tend to have some 12 year old pricks around while others have some rules and (like the cTx servers) and 99% of the time I join, it's a good game going on and I keep at it for 3-5 maps.

The only... maybe... only... good thing about this is that the multiplayer will be crossplatform?
Old October 19, 2009, 06:03 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

this is what i was told from a friend of mine. take it as u will but myself i think its a load of crap................[10:17] T! T0p CL4$$: the reason for the no dedicated servers n shit is because of this.. mw2 for pc wasn't going to be released on the 10th, only the console copies were. pc version was going to be like the 24th but there was a huge uproar by the pc community about it so iw's rushing like mad to get the pc copies out on the same release date that they promised... the 10th. that's the reason for vac and no dedicated servers, cause they don't have enough time to get it done the normal way with pb etc, if they're going to get it out on time... so basically, a rip of the console version
Conversation ended: Mon, Oct 19 10:18:26 2009
Conversation started between !AlPhA_bLaCk and T! T0p CL4$$: Mon, Oct 19 10:19:12 2009
: one of my members brothers works with activision.. like at actual activision HQ's and he said everyone's rushing like madmen to finish pc version by the 10th.. he also said there will be a patch soon after to allow dedicated servers, pb n shit
: the only reason why they're not doing it normal now is cause there's not enough time to do it right now before the release date cause of the pc community kicking up a fuss about the later release date
: so pretty much, if ppl would have stfu about the later release date, shit would have been normal from the get go
Old October 19, 2009, 08:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The thing is, that podcast that was posted somewhere around here, Rob Bowler seems deadset on IWNet being the next best thing, not a temporary solution. But as I posted in the other thread I got an email from Art of War, a game server provider, already advertising MW2 server preorders. So, it's a big mess of shit and there's really no way to be 100% sure yet.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Last edited by Lpfan4ever; October 19, 2009 at 08:58 AM.
Old October 19, 2009, 08:57 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyllz View Post

The only... maybe... only... good thing about this is that the multiplayer will be crossplatform?
in that interview with rob bowling he stated that crossplatform was never discussed and isn't an option.

Old October 19, 2009, 09:02 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac79 View Post
this is what i was told from a friend of mine. take it as u will but myself i think its a load of crap................[10:17] T! T0p CL4$$: the reason for the no dedicated servers n shit is because of this.. mw2 for pc wasn't going to be released on the 10th, only the console copies were. pc version was going to be like the 24th but there was a huge uproar by the pc community about it so iw's rushing like mad to get the pc copies out on the same release date that they promised... the 10th. that's the reason for vac and no dedicated servers, cause they don't have enough time to get it done the normal way with pb etc, if they're going to get it out on time... so basically, a rip of the console version
Conversation ended: Mon, Oct 19 10:18:26 2009
Conversation started between !AlPhA_bLaCk and T! T0p CL4$$: Mon, Oct 19 10:19:12 2009
: one of my members brothers works with activision.. like at actual activision HQ's and he said everyone's rushing like madmen to finish pc version by the 10th.. he also said there will be a patch soon after to allow dedicated servers, pb n shit
: the only reason why they're not doing it normal now is cause there's not enough time to do it right now before the release date cause of the pc community kicking up a fuss about the later release date
: so pretty much, if ppl would have stfu about the later release date, shit would have been normal from the get go
doing it all your self in house and setting up iwNET and vac would be much more of a pain in the ass then getting dedicated servers and PB going i would think, i dont see how that would be quicker.. and i doubt their going to patch it with PB if they already have VAC, that just makes no sense.

Old October 19, 2009, 09:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

In my opinion, I think that if they are going the way they are saying, they are trying to make PC gaming too close to console gaming. Matchmaking? Come on. Why do I want to sit there and wait for other people to come in, instead of me finding a server and hopping right on in, no waiting to play. It's just a huge step backwards for PC gaming.
Secondly, on the whole VAC/PB thing. I honestly have no idea why they would go the VAC method. Sure, it's easier to get working compared to PB (on the client's end), but in my opinion PB is a much better anti-cheat system, and does instant bans on server connect for most hackers. VAC sits there and waits and then bans people after a while. (Unless you're using some really shitty hacks)
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old October 19, 2009, 09:30 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Then i'll rally with the rest then... this game will SUCK.

I'll just play the single player that i'll get by whatever means and tell them to shove it.