Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 15, 2009, 05:14 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
This is a HUGE step back IMO. The CryEngine 2 is one of the best rendering engines around, bar none. All they needed to to was make it more efficient.
While I agree about the CryEngine 2, I'm not sure if I entirely agree with this being a step back. If this makes it more economical to make a good-looking game, it could actually turn out to be a plus overall. It's fun to droll over the visuals on the big-name games, but they're a little far-er and fewer between than I'd like.

Also, multi-platform really seems to be the future, but we often loose a lot in the transition from console to PC right now. So if some company wants to put together an engine that handles some of those problems, that could also turn out to be a plus for PC gamers. Never a guarantee, but sometimes, every little bit helps.
Old October 15, 2009, 05:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

But consoles don't support DX11 so Crysis 2 and any game on Cryengine 3 won't support DX11 which I think is a fail for crytek because they are all about next gen graphics and pushing the envelop.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old October 15, 2009, 06:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

No dude, im sure they'll have the ability to use DX11 for the PC version of the engine. Obviously not on the consoles...