Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 12, 2009, 04:56 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Who's not playing F@H?

For all you hardcore gamer's out there, When your not in a match or scrimming or playing what ever it is you play, The HWC F@H (Folding At Home) team could use some more members to try and pass team TechPowerUp. F@H is not a game but they give you points for the work your PC does, And If you have a good gaming PC you would probably get some nice points for our team. I figured you gamers could be our secret weapon , Because a few more people with good gaming rigs would really help put the run on team TPU.
So if you like games, F@H is right up you ally, But be careful its highly addicting. Before you know it your always looking at the stats pages and trying to get more PPD (Points Per Day), And starting threads asking people to join the team. Yes I am Addicted. Help us crush team TPU. Please and Thanks, And tell your friends.
Check out the HWC F@H forums for more info on how to join the team HardwareCanucks F@H Team - Hardware Canucks
Old October 12, 2009, 05:19 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by badatcards View Post
Yes I am Addicted.
One of the most powerful effects of a folding addiction is denial. The urge to fold is so strong that the mind finds many ways to rationalize more folding hardware. A fully addicted folder may drastically underestimate the quantity of hardware they are ordering, how much it is costing them, and how much time it takes away from their family and work. They may lash out at concerned family members, making the family feel like they are exaggerating and overstating the problem. What makes this so frustrating for family members is the folder often sincerely believes they do not have a problem, and more hardware and PPD is the solution.

This denial and rationalization can lead to increased problems with work, finances and relationships. The Folder may blame an “unfair boss’ for losing his job, or a ‘nagging wife’ for why he is increasingly ordering more parts to fold with. While work and relationship stresses happen to everyone, an overall pattern of deterioration and blaming others for low PPD may be a sign of trouble.
Old October 12, 2009, 05:28 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fefox View Post
One of the most powerful effects of a folding addiction is denial. The urge to fold is so strong that the mind finds many ways to rationalize more folding hardware. A fully addicted folder may drastically underestimate the quantity of hardware they are ordering, how much it is costing them, and how much time it takes away from their family and work. They may lash out at concerned family members, making the family feel like they are exaggerating and overstating the problem. What makes this so frustrating for family members is the folder often sincerely believes they do not have a problem, and more hardware and PPD is the solution.

This denial and rationalization can lead to increased problems with work, finances and relationships. The Folder may blame an “unfair boss’ for losing his job, or a ‘nagging wife’ for why he is increasingly ordering more parts to fold with. While work and relationship stresses happen to everyone, an overall pattern of deterioration and blaming others for low PPD may be a sign of trouble.
This has a name.

It is called the Program.

And it is working quite nicely for I.

And for others too...

Last edited by 3.0charlie; October 12, 2009 at 05:41 PM.
Old October 12, 2009, 05:32 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Yes the Program.

Don't fight it....
Fold for team #54196
Old October 12, 2009, 05:53 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Nvidia cards should come with a folding@home warning on the box... and a picture kinda like on cigarette packs.

Like a guy in a empty apartment with just a mattress but a full blown folding farm in the background. no cases for the machines tho the motherboards are just sitting on the floor with a couple of big fans and a open window
Old October 12, 2009, 06:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
Yes the Program.

Don't fight it....

I.....will.....comply. Resistance.......is.......futile........
Old October 12, 2009, 06:54 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I dont have the funds to upgrade my addiction to get more PPD, But if I can recruit more team members by starting threads asking for people to join the team, and someone does, The team PPD goes up, and thats just as good. I cant wait untill our team hits 1million PPD Avg. The top 50 is just around the corner, And if all goes well this time next year 1million PPD Avg will be achieved, Hopefull sooner. And we need help to pass team TPU and it never hurts to ask. WTF ()
So come one everyone get with "The Program"
Old October 12, 2009, 06:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

My folding's... bent

I'm running ATI cards in both of my machines, and was able to fold without a problem before. But I've since reinstalled F@H on both machines since I was doing some HDD shuffling, and now my ATI client gives me errors saying it can't find CUDA. Not sure if this is an issue with the latest GPU client download, but I was getting really frustrated trying to get it to run and eventually just gave up. But I've heard a new ATI client is coming soon that's supposed to bring it close to the nVidia cards...
Old October 12, 2009, 07:15 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldezar View Post
My folding's... bent

I'm running ATI cards in both of my machines, and was able to fold without a problem before. But I've since reinstalled F@H on both machines since I was doing some HDD shuffling, and now my ATI client gives me errors saying it can't find CUDA. Not sure if this is an issue with the latest GPU client download, but I was getting really frustrated trying to get it to run and eventually just gave up. But I've heard a new ATI client is coming soon that's supposed to bring it close to the nVidia cards...
Exit the client, make sure you have hidden files and folders viewable. Delete the following folders:

Windows Vista/Windows 7 GPU client:
C:\Users\(your user name)\AppData\Roaming\Folding@home-gpu

Windows XP GPU client:
C:\Documents and Settings\(your user name)\Application Data\Folding@home-gpu

Restart the client. If that does not work, uninstall the client, delete the above folders and that really should work.
Fold for team #54196
Old October 12, 2009, 07:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Geez I feel guilty when I see this......