LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 13, 2009, 09:19 PM
Allstar
F@H

ohh, i see. :)

Old October 14, 2009, 05:03 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I compensated for using more power on my rigs by replacing every fixture in my house with energy friendly ones, and putting in the special thermostat.

I used less power in the end folding than I would have if I had never learned about it.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 14, 2009, 11:26 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

A lot of Canada uses Hydro electricity, and its 100% clean and renewable. Folding at home might save lives. 100,000 kids a year die of cancer, And the life is saves might be someone who if given the chance to grow old may invent a free energy machine or do something that changes the world( hopefully for the better). In the big picture about Going Green using a bit more electricity for a F@H farm is not something to complain about, I'm more worried about the chemicals alot of factories are pumping out in to the air that we breath or the crap dumped in to the water we drink by companies that dont want to dispose of them properly.
One person's PC helps out a lot but a Farm can make a difference , A lot of people with Farms makes a big difference. WTF () everyone. Keep up the good work.
Old October 14, 2009, 11:46 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I wonder, do these wives that have thyroid issues or lumps in the neck happen to eat a lot of soy or soy products? Edamame, etc?
Old October 14, 2009, 01:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

there are always consequence.

a extra $5-$10 a month is not gonna stop me from doing a little folding.

and yea, in my area electricity is powered by gas.
Old October 14, 2009, 01:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

in the underground house that I am talking about, there is an 5'X12' dedicated server room as full as possible in it for a folding farm

EDIT : on the note of cost for this, if I get enough money to build this house, filling a room with computers will be Penneys compared to that

I'm sorry july, I couldn't see you behind all that feruary.
Old October 14, 2009, 02:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

K well if you want to talk money on saving people I would say putting that thousands of dollars for a folding farm into something that is garanteed to save someone instead of a 1/10000000 chance (just pulling a number out of my butt). Seems like a bad investment to me. Why not put that grand or two in a charity like a food drive so people can eat or sponsor a child or donate directly into cancer research instead of putting it into folding which has no proof that it can cure cancer. I know you want to do something(my mom had cancer) but put your money where it will actually do something. I am just ranting against pure folding farms but if you want to fold on your useable computer than I have no problem and would encourage it. Just angry when people waste thousands on a pc that for the most part does nothing while people are starving in their city and across the world.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old October 14, 2009, 02:48 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Charity drives? Do it yearly at work. Usually a 48' flatbed leaves the office (I work for Bombardier Aerospace).
Donations? Over 2k yearly to local places, and 1k to Centraide.
Do I Fold? Like the wind.
Old October 14, 2009, 04:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well I didn't really target it at you but here goes yes you donate a lot of money but then again I don't know how much you make so 2k might not be much but you could have donated the money on your purely folding rig on something more useful.

Again I am not bashing F@H just trying to make it clear that there are better more wiser choices out there.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old October 14, 2009, 04:47 PM
Allstar
F@H

you have 2 rigs in your sig, so whats the big deal about spending an extra 5-10 $ on hydro? maybe you should sell one and donate the money to something more wise or useful? see, you already have them and are not using them for a better cause, others here buy and/or have the same stuff as you and use it to fold.