Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 21, 2009, 09:22 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Sweet just noticed it is 3/4 now. I added you SugarJ to my Steam friends. I will PM all of you if we get a 4th. :D

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old October 21, 2009, 09:30 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

We should arrange to do some co-op next week as well .
Old October 21, 2009, 09:36 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Ya for sure. I'd be interested in playing with some HWC'ers! :)

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old October 21, 2009, 10:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I think I want to buy it but I'm not quite sure. What do you guys think? Convince me.
Old October 21, 2009, 10:38 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
I think I want to buy it but I'm not quite sure. What do you guys think? Convince me.
Evilgamer Gamestream on Justin.tv
Old October 21, 2009, 11:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Headshot

How many $60 games have you bought on pre-order for $34? Join my 4some so we can getz the dealio! :D

Quote:
With tons of weapons to find, a great co-op system, fantastic art, and a whole bunch of exploding bodies, Borderlands is worth your money.

The RPG-FPS hybrid gameplay works perfectly and playing the co-op mode online, the title takes off, ensuring many hours of fun. Combine this with its excellent graphics, in its way kind of unique too, and you'll understand the value of a fresh product, suitable for all those who love to spend their time online.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

HEATWARE
Old October 22, 2009, 12:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

IS that a live game feed Zero? Cool. Cept someone was AFK and it was stuck on a menu screen. Then some guy came on and said "Ok time to restart the stream". OKOKOKOK I guess I'm down. Who do I give money to?
Old October 22, 2009, 04:48 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I rented it for Xbox360 yesterday, here is a quick rundown.

Take Fallout 3, use cartoony graphics(looks awesome IMHO in this setting) and make is less RPG and more FPS action.

There is lots of action, lots of weapons, it's a all out trigger fest until you hit lvl 11-13 where you will start being more carefull with the guns and ammo you use so you dont run out while doing missions. Controls are good however it's a little hard to snipe with the Xbox remote, the thumb trigger being a little to sensitive. The PC version should be easier to that regard by using a mouse.

There is rude language, gore, some dark humor and an ok story line so far. This wont win any Story of the year award but it's ok.

I cant wait to give this game a shot in Co-Op. It should be a blast. However since the loot system is free for all, I will play this only with friends, it'll make for a good 4-player Lan party game. Many of those lately.

The only major issue I have with the Xbox version is that i'm not very far in the game yet(lvl 16) and I have experience graphics lag numerous times already. This is something I'm sure will not be an issue with a good gaming PC. Otherwise the graphics are very nice, nice colors, alot of effects with the guns. I ended up using a weaker sniper rifle for a while just because it had a flame effect/damage on the target and I was having tons of fun with it, I stopped using it at some point because it was too weak to waste ammo with it. Explosions are pretty and plentyfull, body parts flying around sometimes, all good stuff.

It's on my "To buy" list for sure for PC when it comes out for PC.
Old October 22, 2009, 08:31 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
IS that a live game feed Zero? Cool. Cept someone was AFK and it was stuck on a menu screen. Then some guy came on and said "Ok time to restart the stream". OKOKOKOK I guess I'm down. Who do I give money to?

Awesome! That'd be me. I'll pm you.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

HEATWARE
Old October 22, 2009, 11:22 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Steam is letting me pre-load it now. If you bought it, spark up Steam and beat the rush.