Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 1, 2009, 01:11 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default No More Heroes Wii

No More Heroes Video Game, Review | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

This is an older title but I just played it tonight for the first time and wow! I cannot get enough of this game. I don't even know how to describe it but everything that makes a good game is in this; presentation, story, action, unique and immersive game play, upgrades, good voice acting, ultra violence (tongue & cheek style) and a rare gem that does it all right on a Wii.

Anything about this game that might not score an 8, 9 or 10 for you is easily forgotten when you realize how much fun you're having and that you can't put it down, lol.

The controls are a mix of classic button mashing with a free flow combat style and a few wiimote and nunchuck waggles, swipes and QTE. So swinging your Beam Katana around in game and dodging around enemies can happily result in sweet combos and plenty of blood.

This being my first game in this style on Wii I can not wait to play Red Steel 2. That game with the new Motion Plus controls will make me cream my pants. But until then No More Heroes is filling a need I didn't even know I had. And NMH2 is on the horizon too.

To celebrate my new found love here's a wallpaper I made while watching the news. :)

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old October 1, 2009, 12:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Ok I will just talk to myself in this thread, I'm ok with that, lol. This is a good way to sum this game up.

Quote:
Violence, style, weird humour, odd weapons, a brilliant soundtrack, smart visuals and frantic arcade action, all wrapped up in an excellent little package with a distinct -though discreet- retro feel. If you love yourself, love punk and/or love to be entertained you’ll grab this game, overlook its (very) minor flaws and love every lovably brutal moment it has to offer.
And now some screenies from around the web.

Hiyah!

Only a flesh wound.

Wrestling moves FTW!

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old October 1, 2009, 07:30 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

The visual style reminds me of Killer 7. I'll look into this game if I ever get a Wii again.
Old October 2, 2009, 12:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yup same devs; Grasshopper Manufacture headed by Suda51.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

HEATWARE
Old November 19, 2009, 04:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Check it out peeps. No More Heroes is coming to PS360! Only downside is the lack of wanking off to reload. Really, that's a minus... I'm serious!

Comments - 'No More Heroes' Xbox 360 Screenshots Arrive - Shacknews - PC Games, PlayStation, Xbox 360 and Wii video game news, previews and downloads

Desktop:
See the drop down!

HEATWARE