Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 29, 2009, 12:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default CoH patch 2.6 contains Tales of Valour minus cd key?

As some know, I live in the boonies and pay thorugh the nose for 3G highspeed, and when I get hit with a series of big updates, it hurts. I made the mistake of allowing CoH to download patch 2.6 whos soul purpose is to allow the game t ointegrate with the new crappy expansion pack- tales of valour. I came back later to realize that the patch was 1.5GB and as a result had cost me $45 to dowload. On the other hand, If I didn't download it the game wouldn't have let me play anymore.

Now that I have the patch, all of the Tales of Valor features are in the menu buck blacked out with a promt to enter a CD key. What I was wondering is if I purchase a cd key will I be able to play withoput actually downloading the expansion pack- ie- is the software all contained within the 1.5GB patch? If so, it might take some of the sting out of it my next internet bill if I can just buy the key for $20 and have a new game for a little cheaper than I might have otherwise.

Thanks,

Babs
Old September 29, 2009, 05:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I would guess so. Tales of Valor isn't a large expansion. I love the new units. It is mainly for multiplayer so I wouldn't recommend it for single player only if that is what you are thinking of.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old September 29, 2009, 05:30 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babrbarossa View Post
As some know, I live in the boonies and pay thorugh the nose for 3G highspeed, and when I get hit with a series of big updates, it hurts. I made the mistake of allowing CoH to download patch 2.6 whos soul purpose is to allow the game t ointegrate with the new crappy expansion pack- tales of valour. I came back later to realize that the patch was 1.5GB and as a result had cost me $45 to dowload. On the other hand, If I didn't download it the game wouldn't have let me play anymore.

Now that I have the patch, all of the Tales of Valor features are in the menu buck blacked out with a promt to enter a CD key. What I was wondering is if I purchase a cd key will I be able to play withoput actually downloading the expansion pack- ie- is the software all contained within the 1.5GB patch? If so, it might take some of the sting out of it my next internet bill if I can just buy the key for $20 and have a new game for a little cheaper than I might have otherwise.

Thanks,

Babs
Holy crap Babs!!!!!

Next time, let me know you need a big DL and I'll mail it out to you..............

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old October 1, 2009, 08:40 AM
Allstar

you might be missing the unit voices/speech.