Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 28, 2009, 12:49 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
For BF2??? I don't know if you've already bought a sound card yet but if you haven't, you should be able to find an Audigy 2 ZS for cheap and that should suffice. That's what I was using back in the BF2 days. There's even one in the BST forums:

WTS: 3xMotherboard, 1xCPU, 2xRAM, 1xSound Card etc. PST

It's an old card but is still great if you're just using an analog sound output. If you're using vista, you'll have to download the daniel k vista drivers since creative did not support the card in vista. Not sure if those drivers will work with 7 though, if you're using it.
I ordered an asus xonar dx 7.1 pci-e sound card from NCIX on sunday. Thanks though.

Old October 7, 2009, 02:30 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Speakers and headphones are more important than sound card when it comes to sound quality. Since you've already bought the sound card, maybe you can invest some on decent cans like sennheisser hd or beyerdynamic etc