Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 21, 2009, 10:16 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Talking Team Fortress 2 Guard Dog Update...

Hey guys,

I found this on the TF2 official blog.
This is a letter under Team Fortress' domain, if you click on the letter, it takes you to this page. As you can see, if you look at the URL, it's Team Fortress 2..., it's actually guarddog.50webs.com. Many people on other forums do believe this is a fake update. Also, the models aren't polished up to Valve standard on the page. Take a look at it and tell me whether you guys think this update is legit.
Dell XPS 630i / Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 2.67GHz / Stock Cooling (Temporary) / 6GB DDR2 800 RAM + 4GB Windows ReadyBoost/ Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT / Samsung SpinPoint 640GB + Seagate FreeAgent 250GB / 750W PSU / Nvidia Nforce 650i SLI / Logitech X-235 Speakers + Plantronics .Audio 370 Gaming Headset / Dell 22' E228WFP / Razer DeathAdder /Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit
Airshehan
Old September 21, 2009, 11:13 PM
Rookie

early April fool? Hopefully this is real - would be wicked have to dog chase around.

Old September 21, 2009, 11:36 PM

looks real.

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old September 22, 2009, 04:24 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

haha ... cool. Seems legit but who knows!? Screenshots look sketchy.
Old September 22, 2009, 05:46 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

The models do look a little sub-par. However, how good can can cell-shared fur really look? Im not sure how much better it can get? hehe. Anyways, it looks completely legit to me... however I stopped playing TF2 months n months ago when they started upgrading ( aka unbalancing) one class at a time. So perhaps in another year or two they'll finally have fixed the gameplay balancing and I can return to shooting things. Huzzah!
Old September 22, 2009, 07:23 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
The models do look a little sub-par. However, how good can can cell-shared fur really look? Im not sure how much better it can get? hehe. Anyways, it looks completely legit to me... however I stopped playing TF2 months n months ago when they started upgrading ( aka unbalancing) one class at a time. So perhaps in another year or two they'll finally have fixed the gameplay balancing and I can return to shooting things. Huzzah!
The game is actually pretty well balanced right now. TF2 is probably one of the most balanced games I have seen for a while.

On the other note, I hope this is legit! I would really look forward to this. Do any of you guys know when this update is supposed to take place? I hope Valve can still keep the game balanced!
Dell XPS 630i / Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 2.67GHz / Stock Cooling (Temporary) / 6GB DDR2 800 RAM + 4GB Windows ReadyBoost/ Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT / Samsung SpinPoint 640GB + Seagate FreeAgent 250GB / 750W PSU / Nvidia Nforce 650i SLI / Logitech X-235 Speakers + Plantronics .Audio 370 Gaming Headset / Dell 22' E228WFP / Razer DeathAdder /Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit
Airshehan
Old September 22, 2009, 08:21 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airshehan View Post
The game is actually pretty well balanced right now. TF2 is probably one of the most balanced games I have seen for a while.

On the other note, I hope this is legit! I would really look forward to this. Do any of you guys know when this update is supposed to take place? I hope Valve can still keep the game balanced!

Well it wasn't all that balanced when a third of the classes had gotten their updates (and of course the hackers/exploiters had the new pretty weapons instantly) and were running amok over other ones. We'll see though, my "Orange Box" purchase still makes me happy with the likes of Garrys mod and Portal, hehe. Balance is essential though!
Old September 22, 2009, 10:27 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Man TF2 has changed so much since the last time I played it. Hats? Storage? Weapons? It's not the same game it was before...
Old September 22, 2009, 10:42 AM
Allstar

Could be real. It has some bad grammar here and there though, and they usually are pretty good for spell checking / proof reading. Could be either way.
Old September 22, 2009, 03:54 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Yeah, now the game is actually pretty balanced since the classes have received their updates. I have never once seen a hacker on TF2. BTW, do you guys know why the URL of the guard dog update page is guarddog.50webs.com instead of www.teamfortress.com/...? The guard dog update page is a freely hosted site on 50webs and is not hosted on Valve's server. Weird!
Airshehan