Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 17, 2011, 04:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

All I have to say is wow. This game just looks incredible when everything is cranked.

So far I have really been enjoying this.

Old May 17, 2011, 07:12 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I'm trying to get through the first one in the highly anticipation of getting around and enjoying the second one (with it being newer and receiving improvements)
Old May 17, 2011, 08:48 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

This game sucks balls. Combat is so clunky and frustrating, makes me want to smash my keyboard. Getting sick of dying every 2 minutes. Apparently you die lots at the beginning, then you level up and wade through everyone. Horrible balance. Animations are jerky as hell. There is a huge lag between commands and character actions.

The first Witcher was one of my favs too. Was so looking forward to this game, now I hate it.
Old May 17, 2011, 09:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Potions and signs are your friends.
Old May 17, 2011, 09:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
This game sucks balls. Combat is so clunky and frustrating, makes me want to smash my keyboard. Getting sick of dying every 2 minutes. Apparently you die lots at the beginning, then you level up and wade through everyone. Horrible balance. Animations are jerky as hell. There is a huge lag between commands and character actions.

The first Witcher was one of my favs too. Was so looking forward to this game, now I hate it.
Just wondering but what are you running for difficulty? I have had a great run through and find the combat to be quite fluid moving from one opponent to another to another very swiftly. And as for animations being jerky are you trying to run it at higher settings than you should?

I am really just wondering because so far everything has been really smooth and just right balance. I also haven't seen the lag between commands.

Old May 18, 2011, 07:47 AM
Allstar

Can you use the same fighting option as in the first one: click when the pointer is flaming? I kinda preferred that (I'm lazy).
Old May 18, 2011, 08:22 AM
MVP
F@H

I'm left handed and for whatever dumb reason, you can't change the keybindings to the keypad keys (like you can in the original and many other games). In essence, it's unplayable for me. Plus, the icon for 'loot' is tiny. When you're in small rooms, it's hard to maneuver the camera. The tutorial info passes so quickly I was unable to read it - i.e. how to arm wrestle or set the angle on the arbalest.

In the original game, you could change the keybindings while in game. In W2 you have to use the launcher, select Video and Language, then Input - however, it won't allow you to change most of the keys anyway. It won't work for the keypad or the arrow keys. Apparently it does support an XBox controller. but I don't have one, so I can't verify that.

Like Squeetard, I found it clunky compared to the original. No question that the graphics and environment are great. The dialogue and story looked good from what little I tried playing.

I uninstalled it. I'll check back in a few months and see if anything has been fixed or not. Keep forgetting the best time to buy games is months after the release when the price has dropped and the bugs revealed and maybe fixed. Sort of reminds me of Dragon Age 2; In the process of making it better, they threw out a lot of the things that made it good.
Old May 18, 2011, 09:05 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well I haven't even looked at the key bindings so I can't comment on that, but if you can't have total control over them then that sucks, since you should always have total control of the keys.

I'm wondering what you thought was clunky? I find the new combat different for sure, but I like it more as I get used to it. I haven't really gotten that far into it yet and haven't really played with traps and bombs but I think it is just a matter of getting used to the changes. Overall though I am quite pleased with it.

One thing that I do find is that like you said looting seems to be a little harder, mainly like you have to be more exact on where you are to be able to search/loot.

Old May 19, 2011, 11:50 AM

My System Specs

Getting horrible performance w/ HD6950 Crossfire. Unplayable @ 2560x1440 w/ medium detail. Which honestly looks like poop. Really hope to see optimized drivers ASAP.
Old May 19, 2011, 12:03 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Does the Witcher 2 support Eyefinity/Surround gaming, as the original even with the updates they gave to it cannot run it properly across 3 monitors.