Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 17, 2012, 03:27 PM
F@H

My System Specs

No, because the fix wasn't posted in the forums until 4 hours after I looked for it. It only took me another 45 minutes or so to download the whole install. Frustrating at the time, but I still got to play before I went to bed so all is forgiven.
Old April 17, 2012, 05:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I didn't get into a game yet, but damn the new intro is nice.
Old April 17, 2012, 06:16 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Please tell me that The Witcher doesn't automatically download the Enhanced Edition over Steam. Is it an optional download???
Old April 17, 2012, 06:57 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Right click on game, then properties, then update tab. Set it to not update automatically. If you then run in offline mode before starting the game it should never update. I'm assuming you are doing this for your testing purposes.
Old April 17, 2012, 07:48 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
You can also do it even if you do not have an email proof of purchase, you just have to let your steam profile page be public. Just follow instructions on that page muse108dc posted.
Thanks. This works if your printer is being a printer as well.
Old April 20, 2012, 10:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I don't know if it's the new 300 series beta nvidia drivers, or the EE patch, but I'm almost agreeing with the earlier post in this thread that said every patch has broken something in this game.
Maybe It's every second patch, because I do see some improvements in this latest version but I'm getting alot of texture pop-in, and that didn't happen at all before, and some NPCs appear out of thin air or walk thru objects during cutscenes now. It actually feels like a less polished game. Might revert drivers tomorrow and see how it is.
Old April 20, 2012, 11:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by On2wheels View Post
I don't know if it's the new 300 series beta nvidia drivers, or the EE patch, but I'm almost agreeing with the earlier post in this thread that said every patch has broken something in this game.
Maybe It's every second patch, because I do see some improvements in this latest version but I'm getting alot of texture pop-in, and that didn't happen at all before, and some NPCs appear out of thin air or walk thru objects during cutscenes now. It actually feels like a less polished game. Might revert drivers tomorrow and see how it is.
Which version of the game are you running? Steam or GoG or elsewhere? If it is the steam version then I would just suggest getting and using your free gog version.

Remember this is more than a patch. While it does have some fixes built into it, there is I think 4 hours more gameplay and some new cutscenes and such as well.
Old April 25, 2012, 01:36 PM
Allstar

Is thier a place on GOG where i can grab just the new stuff? Or do i have too backup the whole file?
Old April 25, 2012, 05:10 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
Which version of the game are you running? Steam or GoG or elsewhere? If it is the steam version then I would just suggest getting and using your free gog version.

Remember this is more than a patch. While it does have some fixes built into it, there is I think 4 hours more gameplay and some new cutscenes and such as well.
Running the Direct2drive version. IN act 2 now, no major glitches so far, probly gonna finish this playthrough and quit, unless i can see the other endings without going too far back.

Chromey, just put your key into the gog site, and your account page will let you get the extras separately.
Old April 25, 2012, 05:21 PM
Allstar

hmmm where is my CD key?

Im able to DL the full 15gb But that sucks.