Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 30, 2011, 10:40 PM
Hall Of Fame

I just find my gpu fan really winds up now, could be the drivers, could be a small difference in my fan control profile.

Anyway, I can't find silver ore in Flotsam to make a silver sword...
Old September 30, 2011, 11:28 PM

My System Specs

I imported a save game in which I had a good weapon in TW1. So my starting silver sword was better than anything I could find in the first chapter.

EDIT: The game always runs extremely hot. I could run 3 hours stable in Heaven, yet 10 minutes in TW2 and my system would lock up.
Old October 1, 2011, 09:32 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Anyone noticing vastly improved performance?

On a GTX 580 3GB SLI setup @ 5760 x 1080 I was getting ~35 FPS on Ultra settings (ubersampling & AA disabled) in the forest with sunshafts.

I'm now getting a good 43-47 FPS. Not bad at all...
Old October 1, 2011, 09:45 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Perhaps they refined what ultrasampling does now? I saw some people do just pure picture tests and the one without ultrasampling looked better.

I just wish Witcher 2 supported Eyefinity, I miss playing it in surround.
Old October 1, 2011, 03:14 PM
Hall Of Fame

I'll be reverting back to older drivers when the BF3 beta is over, if not sooner. W2 does seem to run very well right now, whether it's the drivers or version 2, it's not worth the extra gpu workload, real or not. My 560Ti and old phenom isn't enough to run Ubersampling with everything else the way I like it.

Just in case you were thinking of getting it on Steam:
Why is the steam version so messed up? - The Witcher board

Last edited by On2wheels; October 4, 2011 at 07:08 PM.
Old October 7, 2011, 05:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

$19 on D2d right now. that's a deal. And a steal on Max Payne's too, if you're at all interested in Max payne 3 next year, you owe it to yourself to get the first 2 now.
Old October 7, 2011, 05:34 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Even if you're not interested into Max Payne 3, the first two games were a lot of fun, especially playing MP1 again with their poor physic engine (sniping with shotguns)
Old January 26, 2012, 11:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Some news on the Witcher 2 front.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition Announced! - General discussion - Forum - - GOG.com

Quote:
New major adventures set in new locations. These consist of an underground system of chambers beneath Loc Muine and a temperate coniferous forest in the Loc Muine mountains, and a secret cave passage. These new adventures will add several hours of story-based gameplay to the game.

New major characters to the Witcher story. One of them is Brigida Papebrock Dame. This noble woman comes from the Temerian family Papebrock and is a 30 year old lady-in-waiting of the Temerian court. The other characters are secret--for now!

All new animations and cut scenes, including a new, three and a half minute pre-rendered cinematic depicting the assassination of King Demavend of Aedirn. BAFTA Award winner and Academy Award nominee Tomasz Baginski brings this key historical event to life, setting the stage for the story told in The Witcher 2.
And yes if you already own Witcher 2 you get all of this for free!!

Old January 27, 2012, 02:34 AM
Hall Of Fame

I love the Witcher devs, first it was the Witcher Enhanced, now its the Witcher 2 enhanced. A lot of new game for free!!! Now if i could just get EA to stop nickle and dimeing me I might considering buying one of their games in the future (for clarity, I get EA games for free by playtesting)
Old January 27, 2012, 05:17 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Yep, all of their DLC content is added for free via patches, a dying bred those devs