Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 28, 2011, 04:45 PM
F@H

My System Specs

In Witcher 2 2.0? I imagine its still there since the introduction of it in patch 1.1. It is a big disappointment they can't give support to both companies as its really a shame to not be able to play this amazing game because a developer can't be bothered to provide equal support for wide screen gamers
Old September 29, 2011, 12:47 PM
Allstar

Are we live yet? I Can't access sites like this from work pc.rpgsite.net%2Fnews%2F1282-witcher-2-2.0-update-released&ei=ScuETtvTNIrk0QGn-OT0Dw&usg=AFQjCNG8d82U3GyPms1GnA6BEo0SwSJOcA&sig2= 1rHdWMK3vhIRZW76otZbaA
Old September 29, 2011, 02:17 PM
F@H

My System Specs

It's up on thewitcher.com and on gog.com.
Old September 29, 2011, 03:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

not steam yet sadly.
Old September 29, 2011, 03:28 PM

My System Specs

Sweet. Downloading now. Hopefully will have some time to play this weekend.
Old September 29, 2011, 04:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Downloaded and installed today while I was at work. Now I just need time to play it.

Old September 29, 2011, 08:27 PM
MVP
F@H

Frankly, I haven't noticed any of the so-called improvements. Neither the arena or dark mode appeal to me, although those will likely appeal to many. The tutorial would have been a lot more useful when the game was first released but it should aid new users a lot. Controls still feel clunky with delays. Maybe that's the QTE's that keep interrupting gameplay to show off a finishing move (or worse, QTE's telling me what keys to press), but leaves me vulnerable with my back to the remaining enemies still in attack mode. The longer I play this game, the less I like the QTE's; they don't add anything to the game, at the cost of interrupting it.

I have noticed a few times the screen blanked (i.e. like when you hit ESC to save/pause, etc) during a fight that seemed to meander back and forth over an area transition that had to reload; never saw that before the patch.
Old September 29, 2011, 08:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Its up on steam, or atleast my copy patched earlier.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old September 29, 2011, 10:21 PM
Allstar

744mb update. Controls in arena and tutorial felt nice and crisp to me, but maybe our visual settings affect it differently.

Question for those who have nvidia gpu and the new 285.38 BF3 beta drivers: did you find anything different with Witcher2 and those drivers? Any strange gpu activity, good or bad?

Last edited by On2wheels; September 30, 2011 at 07:33 AM.
Old September 30, 2011, 07:07 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by On2wheels View Post
744mb update. Controls in arena and tutorial felt nice and crisp to me, but maybe our visual settings affect it differently.

Question for those who have nvidia gpu and the new BF3 beta drivers: did you find anything different with Witcher2 and those drivers? Any strange gpu activity, good or bad?
I'm still using 275, or is it 278? WHQL as they have been rock solid for me, no issues
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about