Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 17, 2009, 06:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default The Rock Band Thread!

So, coming from The Beatles: Rock Band thread and a really old showoff thread, I've figured we may as well make a thread devoted to Rock Band stuff. Show off your personal achievements, show off your modded peripherals, show off your scores! Show off anything as long you got pants on!
I noticed Unknownm had a couple videos to show off, so I'm hoping some of you others are as enthusiastic as us.
I'll contribute my first couple things. Ever since my mom made me buy the Boston pack, I've been hooked. Amazingly fun, yet simple, on drums. been working on my scores a little lately and this is what I've ended up with:

As well, I have the Rock Band 2 drums, which are wireless and suffer from a battery issue, where they'd slightly pop out and you'd end up disconnecting in the middle of a song. I figured I could make something with a USB cable and a bit of work. Ended up with wireless data transfer and USB power off the Xbox itself. It's by no means a professional job however The first one is just the innards of the drums, and damn they're messy.

Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old September 18, 2009, 07:51 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

u rockband and guitar hero ppl need to learn to play real guitar lol :)
Old September 18, 2009, 01:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah yeah. I'm getting the ION drumset very very soon, and I'm planning on getting a drum brain for it once I get the feel for it. I'm working my way up.
Future Shop: Gaming: Xbox 360 Accessories: Ion Drum Rocker Drum Kit (XBOX 360)
Code:
<firebane> slightly used

Old September 18, 2009, 02:58 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac79 View Post
Actually I have been playing guitar since 1985. And I'd just like to say that these music games have done more for kids interest in playing instruments than not having them at all. Especially with the eradication of music and fine arts programs in schools.

There are plenty of reports published that attribute the rise in kids interest in playing music with all these music games. And I have seen it myself. Not too mention all the other benefits these games bring to the artists and songwriters. The exposure they get to new audiences is unprecedented and they are licensing their music in ways that make up for lost CD sales.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old September 18, 2009, 02:59 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac79 View Post
I play guitar and drums, but I still find the guitar hero and rock band games a laugh. Especially with a group of people.

I don't really set any high scores or have anything modded but I do love the games. I actually only finished Rock Band 2 a couple of weeks ago and I got it the day it came out. Don't play those kind of games as much as I used to.
Old September 18, 2009, 03:05 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
Actually I have been playing guitar since 1985. And I'd just like to say that these music games have done more for kids interest in playing instruments than not having them at all. Especially with the eradication of music and fine arts programs in schools.

There are plenty of reports published that attribute the rise in kids interest in playing music with all these music games. And I have seen it myself. Not too mention all the other benefits these games bring to the artists and songwriters. The exposure they get to new audiences is unprecedented and they are licensing their music in ways that make up for lost CD sales.
+1 I don't think anyone could have stated that any better then you did!
Old September 18, 2009, 03:11 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post

True for sure. I know of at least 5 people who picked up the guitar after gaining interest from Guitar Hero games.
Old September 18, 2009, 04:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

how on earth do you guys play expert so well. I can barely manage some songs on media since hard makes my wrist hurt ALOT.

Old September 18, 2009, 06:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcdguy View Post
hard makes my wrist hurt ALOT.
That's what she said.
But uhm, I almost gave up the first time I played with the GH3 guitar. Going up levels is all about practice and muscle memory. I used to be able to play just about anything on the plastic guitar before I moved onto drums (which I enjoy much more), but the beginning was horrible for me.

As for help outside of the game, well, we all know what helps exercise the wrists
Code:
<firebane> slightly used

Old September 18, 2009, 07:35 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I only play guitar on medium but then again when i play it i'm usually drunk.

Pretty fun with a couple guys and a case of beer