Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 5, 2010, 09:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hrrrm, now that you've resurrected this, I figured I'd post the drumset I got (which in the picture isn't set up completely), it's a real electronic set with a Rock Band drum brain, made by ION. It's not the greatest set ever, the cymbals are crap, but it's way better than the Rock Band kit.

As for that Omega G1 system, that's a great idea if you have the space and the real acoustic kit already. But like you said, a bit pricey. Awesome nonetheless.

Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old January 5, 2010, 10:37 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Wow that Ion setup is pretty sweet lpfan! Way mor einvestement than I am willing to put into this at this time, but envious nonetheless. ;)

I actually just upgraded my RB1 gear to RB2 gear last week. I sold my old gear in early December and just got the new stuff a couple days before New Years Eve. Then we spent New Year's eve with family and friends breaking it in on Beatles Rock Band (that I got for Xmas)! Gotta say I do like the RB2 gear much more than RB1. Wireless drums with better pads and kick. The guitar buttons feel way better and it even looks better. Too bad the mic isn't wireless though, what's up with that?

I still have one RB1 guitar too, but it doesn't seem to want to sync up with the wireless dongle anymore? So I think I will replace it with a Beatles RB guitar as the Rickenbacker is pretty sweet lookin. But honestly, I'd rather just get it working again. :\

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old January 5, 2010, 10:48 AM
Hall Of Fame

Oh Please, Line taken from a Need for Speed game, I think it was Underground 2 "This area is for serious gamers, not punks (now I don't really mean that) like you !!.. Did we need a rockband thread too..

Ok okie, before you guys get mad, I'll just shut up.. :P
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old January 5, 2010, 11:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
Wow that Ion setup is pretty sweet lpfan! Way mor einvestement than I am willing to put into this at this time, but envious nonetheless. ;)
I haven't had much time to play since I got the kit sadly, but I was lucky enough to get it as a gift.

I don't know if you remember the build that Misterlarry sold denim jackets for, for my sick friend, but my friend bought these with money from his wish he got from one of the wish foundations (can't remember exactly which one). The thing is he no longer has strength left to walk around, let alone drum, so he asked if I could make use of them.

As for you Miggs, you better run off before I shove this broken drumstick up your arse! (Just kidding )
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old January 5, 2010, 11:30 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
Oh Please, Line taken from a Need for Speed game, I think it was Underground 2 "This area is for serious gamers, not punks (now I don't really mean that) like you !!.. Did we need a rockband thread too..

Ok okie, before you guys get mad, I'll just shut up.. :P
YES!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan4ever View Post
I haven't had much time to play since I got the kit sadly, but I was lucky enough to get it as a gift.

I don't know if you remember the build that Misterlarry sold denim jackets for, for my sick friend, but my friend bought these with money from his wish he got from one of the wish foundations (can't remember exactly which one). The thing is he no longer has strength left to walk around, let alone drum, so he asked if I could make use of them.

As for you Miggs, you better run off before I shove this broken drumstick up your arse! (Just kidding )
Aw man that's a sad story, I am really sorry to hear your friend is not well. Hope you get some good use out of that kit. I bet it's fantastic to play on.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old January 5, 2010, 02:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

Yea sorry to hear about your friend, but what a nice friend he surely is.. LOL LP!.. I was bout to say you wanna break that precious drumstick, but I re-read your line and it's broken, ouch no thanks!!..

Okie guys rock on then
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old January 5, 2010, 05:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Die RB and GH DIE!!!

I hate it when I go to a friends house and that is all they want to play. I find these games excruciatingly boring. The mic you can just hum through the whole thing too.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."