Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 19, 2009, 01:05 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have to disagree on Rock Band/Guitar Hero getting people into playing instruments. Sure they'll go "wow this is easy, I should pick up a real guitar/bass/drums!!" And then I bet they get it and play it every now and then. But a year or 2 later it's sitting in the closet collecting dust and they're playing the new guitar hero/rock band. If you wanna be in a real band you gotta put down the Vids and really jam.
Old September 19, 2009, 05:49 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

oh i was only kidding around with my comment....i play gh and rb to....but what bugs me about the whole gh/rb thing is ppl that go around thinkin they are so great cause they can play sick songs on expert and get perfect scores,then they think they are guitar gods...like here take my guitar with 6 strings not 5 buttons and play me mary had a little lamb...no? didn't think so lol
Old September 19, 2009, 10:36 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
I have to disagree on Rock Band/Guitar Hero getting people into playing instruments. Sure they'll go "wow this is easy, I should pick up a real guitar/bass/drums!!" And then I bet they get it and play it every now and then. But a year or 2 later it's sitting in the closet collecting dust and they're playing the new guitar hero/rock band. If you wanna be in a real band you gotta put down the Vids and really jam.
Hm, then I suppose people should join the military instead of playing CoD, or become a gang banger instead of playing GTA, or a race car driver instead of playing Forza etc, etc ...

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old September 19, 2009, 09:09 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
Hm, then I suppose people should join the military instead of playing CoD, or become a gang banger instead of playing GTA, or a race car driver instead of playing Forza etc, etc ...
lol I think the whole reason for video games is to allow people to be able to pretend they can do something that they cannot in the real world. And Guitar Hero/Rock Band is just one of them, since many kids want to be a rock star/super star of sorts, but probably lack musical talent.

And yeah, I don't know how people play Expert. It's just insane, I can't keep up or move my fingers around fast enough. At the same time though, I don't play every day, nor do I really practice a song for hours on end like I'm sure some do.
Old September 19, 2009, 09:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Lol I didn't mean it like how you think I did. I said they think they could be a "rockstar" cause they expert at GH and they realize that playing an instrument takes practice and time to learn to be good at it and then they give up and go back to the vids. I didnt say kids get good at shooting people so they think they can do it in real life so they join the army and they can't hack it, no that doesnt really (or does it?)

So, some may be like "Ya I really enjoy learning to play guitar!!!" which is good. I do also agree that it introduces the music to a new generation though. That's cool. Lol, oh and don't forget DJ Hero that's coming out. They should have like Rap Hero or something haha, that would suck. Actually I think the DefJam people are working on something like that....
Old September 20, 2009, 08:52 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I understand what you are saying. I think those kids that give up on music quickly would have given up on it quickly regardless of RB or GH unless their parents make them stick with it. DJ Hero I think will be very niche. Seems like a quick cash grab to me but then again it's Activision so ya... just another "milk the franchise" opportunity. I doubt it will last.

As for playing on expert. I can't play guitar on expert because I hardly play guitar on these games. If I play for a while I can play it on hard. I can play drums on expert on the easy and medium songs, and some hard songs. Also I can sing on expert lol... not that I sound like a good singer though. :P

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old September 20, 2009, 08:44 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Also I can sing on expert lol... not that I sound like a good singer though. :P
Video ASAP!
Old September 21, 2009, 08:15 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
Video ASAP!
Oh I bet you are dieing to hear my rendition of No Doubt's "I'm Just a Girl", lol. But seriously speaking of singing... I have a friend that NAILED "Don't Stop Believin" by Journey. Everyone in the room was like

Desktop:
See the drop down!

HEATWARE
Old September 21, 2009, 10:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Here's my newest addition to getting into real drums. Real (blurry) drumsticks! Neil Peart signature series ones as well, now i can feel like him when I play Tom Sawyer and Working Man. They're heavy though, keep thinking they're going to smash the drum set in half. In the next couple of days I should be getting my ION drum set, which will basically slap me in the middle of my Rock Band -> Real drums transition. Woot.

Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old January 5, 2010, 09:56 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Here you go. If you have a real drum set and want to rock out to your favourite RB songs, and take advantage of the Drum Trainer, now you can! A little cumbersome and pricey, but it works.

Real drums, fake band: the Omega GM-1 System walks the line

YouTube - Chop Suey in Rock Band 2 on Real Drums with the Omega GM-1

Desktop:
See the drop down!

HEATWARE