Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 20, 2009, 03:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Anything bought or sold is worth what people will pay for it; just because you won't doesn't mean a million others are going to do the same. If someone can justify the price to themselves they'll pay it, and believe me; it will still be a hot seller.... really.. you don't want the game; don't buy it.. but this isn't some social values argument, just get over yourselves and move on if you don't want the game. Pick a better cause to fight for like AIDS or something. This whole boycotting a video game over a feature/price or whatever is a total waste of your energy. Don't think too hard!
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old September 20, 2009, 04:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That's not what i mean, i mean after you've finished it then its just a $30 paperweight.

-Plato
Old September 20, 2009, 04:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Right, and after you eat a meal you shit it out. And after you use anything it's useless, when you're done with it. We're consumers; get used to it :P
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old September 20, 2009, 05:22 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
Right, and after you eat a meal you shit it out. And after you use anything it's useless, when you're done with it. We're consumers; get used to it :P
OMG I near busted a gut LMAO. Straight to the point and funny as hell. Seriously though with all games they have a different entertainment value to different people...good or bad. Just my 2 cents....and thanks for the chuckle Encorp
Silverstone Strider 1kw modular
4870x2
Ocz Vendetta 2
Top deck Tech Station
Samsung dvd
Old September 20, 2009, 05:49 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Free markets exist over there. So does piracy. If the company wants to make money in Europe then they will price it at the level the market will bear, as they will here. If they overcharge too much, people won't buy it, and many others will just pirate it.
Fold for team #54196
Old September 20, 2009, 08:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Im more worried at the fact that we only have 3 real game companies left now that they have all merged, now they are trying to systematically raise the price of games. Activision and blizzard have both become far to money hungry and its effecting the quality of PC games IMHO. Theres a difference between being a mere consumer and being a prosumer like most people who subscribe to HWC, we are the ones who google and compare prices to get the most out of our dollar at the end of the day. You should really look beyond the game release, at what raising prices will do to the future of PC games, as its already very unstable as it is, companies start raising prices and we will soon see the PC gaming industry completely colapse. Thats my ultimate worry, not the price of some game I probubly wont even play.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old September 20, 2009, 09:49 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I agree with everything you've said Encorp, your 100% correct. It's a simple supply and demand. They have made a highly desirable game and they know they can charge more for it and people will pay, demand drives price simple economics. I'm just not going to give them my money, I'll get the game but not at release price. I'll pick it up off Kijiji or Craiglist were I buy all my games these days. Some little kid will get an extra copy for his birthday or something and sell it for half price and I'll buy it happens quite often in my nieghborhood. Everyone wins sort of, the kid gets my cash for his extra or unwanted game, activision gets thier money and sells one game but not two.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/nightwarp/R7YQuMGt-JI/AAAAAAAADoQ/KVuthG6qJfE/s400/Supportourtroops-2.jpg

Old September 21, 2009, 07:13 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

free markets + supply and demand = what every price they want +1 to encorp this game is gonna be pricey i think jmo
Old September 21, 2009, 07:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If it is too expensive then go get GRAW1&2 then we can play that together! :D
There are even a few people from a clan I am in who would join the fun.
Old September 21, 2009, 09:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It's only money, the shit grows on trees, literally. I'm definitely buying it because it's going to be fantastic online! I don;t even care about the single player lol.