Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 20, 2009, 05:39 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I'm also boycotting the purchase of this game. There is a thread on the forums that describes the price gouging of our neighbors accross the pond.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/nightwarp/R7YQuMGt-JI/AAAAAAAADoQ/KVuthG6qJfE/s400/Supportourtroops-2.jpg

Old September 20, 2009, 06:57 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I cant wait to play this... I might not be good at it but COD4: MW was the game that made me appreciate shooters again.
Old September 20, 2009, 06:58 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Bah you guys are bat shit crazy! lol Boycotting the purchase of a game? Do you think people really care about your little "stand"? you little rebels!
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old September 20, 2009, 07:07 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
Bah you guys are bat shit crazy! lol Boycotting the purchase of a game? Do you think people really care about your little "stand"? you little rebels!
Probably won't make a difference but I'm not to keen on supporting Activision after reading what they plan to charge for the game in Europe. If they think they can charge that over there and get away with it we'll be next for MW3.

Having said that it is a ******* sweet looking game and I'm gutted that I won't be buying it on release, but I'm sticking to my guns.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/nightwarp/R7YQuMGt-JI/AAAAAAAADoQ/KVuthG6qJfE/s400/Supportourtroops-2.jpg

Old September 20, 2009, 07:33 AM
Allstar
F@H

they get better internet, we get better game prices... big deal.. are you going to stop buying gasoline for your car because its more expensive there?? this boycott is pointless imo..

Old September 20, 2009, 07:34 AM
Allstar
F@H

oh, and i'm definitely buy it as soon as possible :)

Old September 20, 2009, 11:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

No way they would get away with charging $80+ dollars for a game in NA. Aside from MMOs... No one would pay that. That's probably what will happen in Europe. And if people actually do buy it and play it for a while, then sell it back to FutureShop/Bestbuy/EB or whoever, the retailer would make huge money on resale. Activision will definately see low sales numbers at launch in Europe though.
Old September 20, 2009, 01:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelt View Post
Probably won't make a difference but I'm not to keen on supporting Activision after reading what they plan to charge for the game in Europe. If they think they can charge that over there and get away with it we'll be next for MW3.

Having said that it is a ******* sweet looking game and I'm gutted that I won't be buying it on release, but I'm sticking to my guns.
They can charge whatever the hell they want hahaha
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old September 20, 2009, 02:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

No they cant encorp, once they start everyone else will start to raise their prices, computer games are already to expensive as it is, there is no reason what so ever for a raise in price for this game. They are using pretty much the same engine as the other 2, they have done little work on the game as a whole, and now they want to sell it for stupid amounts of money. No game is worth that.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old September 20, 2009, 02:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The thing about computer games is that you can't see it back to say EB Games or Best Buy. So you have to keep it no matter you want it or not. That sucks big time!!!

-Plato