Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 10, 2010, 04:35 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Half-Life 2 is another game I've started multiple times. I really like it though, I just end up forgetting about it or something.

Some things in Mass Effect 1 piss me off a bit, but I heard the second one is all kinds of awesome and having the first game under your belt makes it even more enjoyable.

Bootleg: I just unlocked and challenge for destroying certain joker teeth, so they must unlock that way too.
Old June 10, 2010, 12:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

i had 99% in this game, but when my hard drive crashed, i had problems transfering the file to my new hard drive, because GFWL is completely retarded.

every other game had no problem with file transfer to my new hard drive, but arkham asylum showed up as corrupt.
Asus p6x58d-e / i7 930 @ 4ghz / G.skill 1600mhz 2x3gb 9-9-9-24 / Corsair TX750 / XFX HD 6850 1GB x2 @ 870/1070/ Coolermaster HAF 932 / Noctua nh12-up / Western Digital 500g Caviar black /Western Digital 1TB Caviar black 60Gb/ Seagate 7200.11 500g / OCZ Vertex 3 SSD / Samsung 2253BW / G5 / MX518 /

Old June 10, 2010, 12:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianHanna View Post
i had 99% in this game, but when my hard drive crashed, i had problems transfering the file to my new hard drive, because GFWL is completely retarded.

every other game had no problem with file transfer to my new hard drive, but arkham asylum showed up as corrupt.
Yes GFWL IS retarded. I had a similar issue transferring my Bioshock 2 saves to my laptop, and I'm pretty sure it was all about the GFWL. Oh well 2Ks loss, make a shite game, package it with shite DRM and guess what... sales tank after the hype is gone. Serves you right, lazy mofos.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old June 18, 2010, 04:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Game of the Year Edition 50% off (19.99US) at Steam until Thursday.
Jumped on this Sugar....thanks....GREAT GAME....I'm NOT a fan of 3rd person shooters, I always find the keyboard / mouse controls terrible...BUT this one is perfect, amazing really. Made me switch my view on 3rd person games and purchased JC2 (Steam) as well....another great 3rd person game ;)

btw....ran the Benchmark and 100 FPS Avg (everything cranked)....... ;)

Look forward to jumping into this game every night!!

Old June 18, 2010, 06:22 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Totally agreed with you there rjbarker, this game is siiiiick! I beat it on easy a few days after getting it and I still want to play it more and more to get more unlocks (and it looks like there's a sh!t-ton of them!). I want to try playing a joker or whoever else you can play as, should be awesome!

Also, for whatever reason I didn't get the last two gadgets (#7&8). Is this normal? Do you only get them via unlocks or playing at a higher difficulty? This may be my mistake though, since I didn't upgrade to the first-person batarang (which may or may not be one of the two im missing).
Old June 18, 2010, 06:45 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

How do you unlock the FPS? Is vertical sync forced on in the driver settings?

Old June 18, 2010, 07:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

go into .ini File with settings ".txt file.....I'm presently on my Notebook....next time I'm on my Primary I'll be able to tell you exactly what changes / save you make to that File and exactly where it is.......I "saved" after changing 62 FPS to 200 FPS.....now my Precision OSD will show exactly what I'm pumping out....ranges between 65 - 140 FPS....similar to the Benchmark,,

Old June 18, 2010, 08:50 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Done
Thanks rj

Old June 20, 2010, 12:51 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

No worries...I actually just "Googled" it ....most games I've come across with "locked" Frames are easily "unlocked" in the config file...