Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Gaming (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/)
-   -   Batman:Arkham Asylum (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/22888-batman-arkham-asylum.html)

Thund3rball September 21, 2009 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Full Speed (Post 258498)
I only have a silver XBL account so I have to wait a few days before I can download it :(

No it is available for all accounts now, was yesterday too. :)

enaberif September 21, 2009 10:13 AM

Wow just wow.

The Joker fight was so stupid simple it really ruined end game.

Poison Ivy was way harder.

Dr_BenD_over September 21, 2009 12:07 PM

I just gave the demo a shot on my workstation and I like it. I'll have to see how much it likes Ati hardware before I buy it though. Maybe pick up a 3sucky controller too.

Thund3rball September 21, 2009 02:58 PM

I like the KB/mouse controls actually. I am sure the controller users will disagree but this game has decent PC controls imo.

Dr_BenD_over September 21, 2009 04:38 PM

Well.

I tried the exe rename thing to try and get AA, no banana. Then again, jaggies aren't that noticeable at 1920x1200. I can live with it

There definitely seems to be some graphic details missing with my 4770's vs the 9800GT I tried earlier, I certainly hope these aren't what is passing for PhysX these days. Again, I can live with it, it's about as necessary as lense flare.

Seems Vsync doesn't seem to work either.

9.7 cats used.

Full Speed September 23, 2009 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thund3rball (Post 258630)
No it is available for all accounts now, was yesterday too. :)

Weird. Still won't let me download it. I just downloaded it with my brother's gold account anyway.

I finally got 3 bats on all the challenges. The extreme combat challenges are a pain. Especially shock and awe/rumble in the jungle.

I just need to finish my game on hard and I have everything. This is actually the first game I played that made me want to go out of my way to get the achievements. Usually I just beat a game once and I'm done with it.

bojangles September 23, 2009 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_BenD_over (Post 258879)
9.7 cats used.

:shok: Where'd the other 0.3 of cats go? :sad:

:bleh:

Thund3rball September 23, 2009 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Full Speed (Post 259902)
Weird. Still won't let me download it. I just downloaded it with my brother's gold account anyway.

I finally got 3 bats on all the challenges. The extreme combat challenges are a pain. Especially shock and awe/rumble in the jungle.

I just need to finish my game on hard and I have everything. This is actually the first game I played that made me want to go out of my way to get the achievements. Usually I just beat a game once and I'm done with it.

Good I'm glad you managed to get them. Agreed I am normally not an achievements kind of gamer but this game is more compelling than others. I am still in love with it. Batman for GOTY I say!

Dr_BenD_over September 23, 2009 04:37 PM

Picked up the whole banana.

1. Games for Windows Live - I don't think I can express in words (on this site anyway) my feelings for this.
2. Once you DO manage to get it to ACTUALLY update and create an account, it seems OK. It took longer to accomplish this than to install the game.
3. Very cool, I'm a whopping 2% into it after an hour of play (and the 1.5 hours to get the damn thing to run)
4. Benchmark @ 1920x1200 with everything maxxed for Ati - 39min, 60max, 56 avg (V-Sync)

TimTheEnchanter September 24, 2009 10:00 AM

Runs very smoothly, nice story, nice feelings.

Love the game (besides that windows live thing), girlfriend loves it too.