Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 2, 2009, 08:23 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default The Beatles Rock Band

09-09-09

Anyone else psyched about this? I mean not only do you get to Day Trip through The Beatles' career, experiencing the progression from teen pop icons to maestros of song and sound, but the new plastic gear looks frickin great! I also like that you can do harmonies. Yup two seperate vocal tracks to sing along with in this. Should help out with those Rock Band get togethers of odd numbers of people.

I am taking a little road trip next week in the US and have pretty much decided I will be picking this up on my way home in Oregon, tax free.

The Beatles: Rock Band

YouTube - IGN Video: The Beatles: Rock Band Xbox 360 Press Conference - E3 2009: Demo

PS: Anyone want to buy some RB 1 instruments for Wii? They are all in perfect shape!

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old September 2, 2009, 09:35 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

If the songs were exportable to RB2 I'd consider it, but since they're not I'll give it a miss.
Apparently the songs in Lego Rock Band will be exportable somehow, so I'll probably pick that up
Old September 2, 2009, 09:58 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yes there is that. It's an understandable gripe but I think the devs were going for a complete experience with this game. Coming from the Wii camp of Rock Band it is not something I am used to having so I am not missing out. If I want to play RB1 songs I either need to pop in the disc or buy the tracks I want online and DL them.

As for Lego RB likely my wife will be on that band wagon. Lol see what I did there? I made a funny! :)

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old September 2, 2009, 10:43 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I F***ing pick up a PS3 and this game as soon as it get release here in canada! this is the only reason why I will buy a PS3, and folding of course:P I am a fan of the beatles till the day I am born and I will be for ever!

Ask for more.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old September 2, 2009, 11:11 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am a huge Rock Band fan (150+ downloaded songs) but I am not a fan of the Beatles. As well, not trying to sound elitist, I couldn't handle the easiness/slowness of their songs on drums.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old September 2, 2009, 11:18 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan4ever View Post
I am a huge Rock Band fan (150+ downloaded songs) but I am not a fan of the Beatles. As well, not trying to sound elitist, I couldn't handle the easiness/slowness of their songs on drums.
I hear this a lot, and I am a huge RB drum fan, they are my fave instrument in the game. But what no one is thinking of is just how will the drums playout in the actual game? No it won't be Testament, Slayer etc... but they could trick it up a bit? Will see I guess. Of course if you are not a fan of the music than there really is no point in this game for you.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

HEATWARE