Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 26, 2009, 10:41 AM
Allstar

Don't know if I can make it on tonight. My sorc is already level 75. I did a whole lot of baal runs with a maphacker so it was fast. I can rush you guys to NM if you want. I can kill NM D but don't think I can take baal yet. Starting from scratch = crappy equipment = shitty sorc. I don't know how you guys plan on making viable melee characters with no good equipment. It's going to be tough. I hope you know someone you can bum items from. I certainly don't know anyone playing this anymore.
Gigabyte HD 6970 OC
Gigabyte Z68X-UDH3-B3
Seasonic 760W
Coolermaster Hyper 212+
CM690 w/ 1-80mm, 6-120mm fans.
Old August 26, 2009, 10:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It will be difficult to get everyone, and my urge to play need to be satisdied

We're making a group to play together, but it probably won't be easy to always play together. I'll save the list on my pc, so I can save some items for other ppl depending on their character. Anyways, I'll always be there to help if needed. We should make a list of ppl account name so we can see who's online at anytime

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old August 26, 2009, 10:56 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewguy001 View Post
Starting from scratch = crappy equipment = shitty sorc. I don't know how you guys plan on making viable melee characters with no good equipment. It's going to be tough. I hope you know someone you can bum items from. I certainly don't know anyone playing this anymore.
Comments like this really used to piss me off when I was playing D2. It seemed like unless you had Enigma/valk/BotD/<insert stupidly overpowered runeword of choice> you were considered a noob and had no hope of getting through the game.

When I quit playing I had 5/7 guardians using only what I found/made along the way, and as it was single player only I didn't even have access to those stupidly overpowered runewords that were ladder only.
Had probably double or triple that number in softcore who had made it through hell difficulty using only what they found along the way.
Old August 26, 2009, 10:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

he he I always like this game except for this year I have a hard time killing Ubers :(
my account name is As-assins and I am making a hamerdin for now
Old August 26, 2009, 11:32 AM
Allstar

Someone called me a noob yesterday. I rushed him and he called me a noob for taking so long to kill diablo. Sorry but I don't have +9 to all skills. My static has no range and my mana regen is non-esistent. My sorc drank so many pots she had to pee every 2 minutes.

By the way, can we set up a ventrillo server? I think HWC had one up before for another game? It'd be a good place to meet and coordinate in real time.
Gigabyte HD 6970 OC
Gigabyte Z68X-UDH3-B3
Seasonic 760W
Coolermaster Hyper 212+
CM690 w/ 1-80mm, 6-120mm fans.
Old August 26, 2009, 11:58 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewguy001 View Post
Starting from scratch = crappy equipment = shitty sorc. I don't know how you guys plan on making viable melee characters with no good equipment. It's going to be tough. I hope you know someone you can bum items from. I certainly don't know anyone playing this anymore.
That is entirely plan, i want us to play from scratch and enjoy the game how it was originally designed, i don't want people picking up items off of mules i want this all loot from runs. If you can't do this then you will not be brought along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregH View Post
Comments like this really used to piss me off when I was playing D2. It seemed like unless you had Enigma/valk/BotD/<insert stupidly overpowered runeword of choice> you were considered a noob and had no hope of getting through the game.

When I quit playing I had 5/7 guardians using only what I found/made along the way, and as it was single player only I didn't even have access to those stupidly overpowered runewords that were ladder only.
Had probably double or triple that number in softcore who had made it through hell difficulty using only what they found along the way.
Yep, that's why i want to run from scratch without mules or items from other characters. This is going to be as if you've never had a character on your account, if you can't play like this then i at least dont want to play with "you"
Old August 26, 2009, 12:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

What Arinoth said. I want to start right from level 1, doing every single act TOGETHER.
Old August 26, 2009, 12:27 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Well that's 3 guaranteed people i know on the list who will be doing the full legit way. You going to be on USEast (Ladder) and what class?
Old August 26, 2009, 12:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'll do the full legit way.. I don't have any other character anyways haha.

We probably won't be able to be always together IMHO

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old August 26, 2009, 12:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Is there any way to make it earlier? I gotta get up at 6AM EST.