Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 22, 2009, 05:58 AM
Top Prospect

Default WoW: Cataclysm

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

I've been an avid WoW player since vanilla WoW but now I feel like Blizzard has literally no idea as to what new content they should add to the game. There's really no point to this expansion, I don't feel like it adds enough new content for it to be worth dishing out another $50.

I'm selling my account before this thing hits the shelves, i am dissapoint :(
Old August 22, 2009, 09:09 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Another one already, wow, i mean WOTLK sucked and this just looks like a money grab that should have come with WOTLK when it came out
Old August 22, 2009, 11:33 AM
MVP
F@H

I liked WotLK, except that I felt the stats started to become quite exaggerated. In a few expansions items will have +78954 to stats and we'll be well over level 100. It gets tedious after a while...and I have to say I still like EQ more b/c the content was just plain fun to explore.

I think adding the two extra races and changing the main continent is a great idea, though I feel the continent should only be changed for the 80+ characters. Something like the UC quest in WotLK that permanently changes the city for players who pass it.

C2Q Blue
Gigabyte EP45-UD3p | Q8400 @ 2.66ghz | Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme w. Scythe | Mushkin Redline PC2-8000 5-5-5-15-2T @ 400mhz |
BFG GTX 295 | 1.32TB WD HDDs | Corsair HX 620 W | Antec 900 | Acer 20" LCD
Old August 22, 2009, 11:48 AM
Allstar
F@H

I'd still give it a run. This thing however looks like it's going to be a MAJOR overhaul of the core system; they're going to have to redo hundreds of square virtual miles of terrain to accomodate the storyline of the expansion, and blizzard has always held off flying mounts in Azeroth because of the inherant difficulties if basically re-coding large sections of the maps.

Still, the new Race/Class combinations I quite like, I hated the fact if you wanted to be a horde druid you're stuck Tauren.
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old August 22, 2009, 09:51 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandro_Bit View Post
selling my account
Watch what you say.
Old August 22, 2009, 09:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

and blizzard keeps over nerfing classes so they need to boost them and nerf some other classes. so by the time you get your charicter to level 80 it will be considered useless, and no one will want to raid with you for a couple months when blizzard boosts that class again.

I'm sorry july, I couldn't see you behind all that feruary.
Old August 22, 2009, 10:51 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by bissa View Post
and blizzard keeps over nerfing classes so they need to boost them and nerf some other classes. so by the time you get your charicter to level 80 it will be considered useless, and no one will want to raid with you for a couple months when blizzard boosts that class again.
And this is why I quit WoW. lol
Coolermaster Hyper 212+
Thermaltake Armor
Corsair TX850W
Mushkin HP3 2x2GB DDR3
Samsung SATA DVD-RW

MSI GeForce GTX 275 Twin Frozr
Old August 22, 2009, 11:23 PM
Allstar
F@H

I just suspended my regular account and have been playing via alternate means. Not going to get into specifics so it doesn't break forum rules, but I gotta say I have a lot of respect for backyard coders and the amount of work/skill they bring to the table.
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old August 23, 2009, 10:55 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

wotLk I never bought, and once death knights became like 80% of the population I quit.
A re-hauled map, new races and new race/class combos might be enticing enough to restart, perhaps after a couple patches lol
Old August 24, 2009, 09:28 AM
Rookie

some people will hate me for this but if they make it, lets say easier to get high level tier gear that will make me happy.

i play WoW until i get the point were i have to plan my weeks around raids...at that point i call it quits...i am to active of a person to do that, that what turns me down from WoW every time i quit..i make a NEW class because my last class sucks..i level it get decent gear then can not progress because i have a life. then i quit....then repeat.

the overhaul of original continets will be awesome, hopefully they change alot of old quests to make leveling fun..mix it up IMO leveling 1-60 is my fav part...Original WoW was great.

Also my new PC i can play WoW on the highest setting instead of the lowest settings....that might help me.