Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 21, 2009, 01:13 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

fallout is good, i would reccomend Dragon age, but it doesnt come out till early november. Mass effect 2, which is by bioware, same people who do dragon age, isnt coming out till early next year some time. So its no go for xmas.
Old August 21, 2009, 01:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have my eye on operation Flashpoint dragon rising, looks to be one hella FPS
check it out if you are interested.
Language Select

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old August 21, 2009, 01:53 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

I never liked Operation flashpoint for the sole reason that all your firefights were with people so far away you could barely see them.
Old August 21, 2009, 02:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
I never liked Operation flashpoint for the sole reason that all your firefights were with people so far away you could barely see them.
That's because it is a military sim and most fire fights are from a distance.

Flash point dragon rising will be a better game then Arma 2 and I can't recommend Arma 2 yet because it is far too buggy right now and is still pretty much a beta.

There is Hearts of Iron 3 if you like those tips of games although I find them boring.

If you haven't played fallout 3 yet then that is the game I would recommand the highests. It is by far the best gaming experiance I have had in awhile and there are plenty of hours put into that game and I am still playing that and am still discovering new things.

So if you haven't played Fallout 3 yet then pick that one up. I am not even a huge RPG fan and that game is very fun to me.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old August 21, 2009, 05:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackquelegs View Post
She's a keeper!
She is definitely that! Thanks for all the input folks. I'm thinking maybe all the DLC for Fallout 3 would be great as I've already played through the original or maybe the Collector's Edition of DA:O if D2D will let me switch my current pre-order over to Mass Effect 2 instead of DA:O (both are the same price).

Look forward to hearing any other ideas that people might have. Thanks.

The world is your oyster. Shuck away my friend, shuck away!
Old August 21, 2009, 05:59 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterlarry View Post
Anyways, my wife (God bless her) wants to buy me a PC game for Christmas. So either she really loves me and cares about my sanity when I'm on the road (lots) or she wants me to spend even more time away from her (at home) than I already do (I like to think it's the prior and not the latter reason).

I like most single person RPGs, FPS wRPG elements, strategic military sims (not so much RTS). I can't keep up with everything that's coming out as I'm just too busy. I've already pre-ordered DA:O, but I'm thinking about maybe Mass Effect 2 (don't know release date yet).

Realize that there are a lot of older games which fit the above description that I haven't yet played, so don't just worry about new releases. Any suggestions from our crowd? Thanks in advance everyone.

Modern Warfare 2 Releases Just in time for X-mas

http://www.modernwarfare2.com
Old August 21, 2009, 06:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
Heh I'll take tactics over twitchers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old August 22, 2009, 05:39 PM
Banned

Nice job MisterLarry!

I'm stuck on ARMA2 currently but in terms of games that suit more of what you need and want in a game, Fallout 3's DLC is ok but if you can wait here is what I recommend:

Assassin's Creed 2
Bioshock 2
Mass Effect 2

Out now:
Dead Rising
ARMA2
Fallout 3 DLC
Batman Arkham Assylum
Old August 22, 2009, 07:06 PM
Allstar

Fallout 3 is good if you havent already played it before. They only made the 5 add ons and I read that was all they are releasing. I've downloaded all the dlc and got all the achievements for it on the 360. The expansions only took me 1 night each to complete though, so they arent that great in my mind.

I'd say go for Dragon Age or mass effect 2 for sure.

| ASUS P8Z68-VPRO | Intel i5 2500K | 8Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme | 2x 60gb OCZ Solid 3 SSD | EVGA GTX260 Core216 |

Old August 22, 2009, 08:16 PM

My System Specs

If you haven't played 'The Witcher' yet, then I highly suggest it. I would take it over any other PC game released in the past 3-4 years easily.