Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 17, 2009, 10:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default The Saboteur

Looks awesome, like Inglorious Irish Bastard or something, lol. Style wise I love it. I am thinking campier/edgier Splinter Cell in WWII, or at least that's as far as I can tell about gameplay anyways? This is on my list of ones to watch for this winter!

Trailer after the jump.
GameSpot Video: The Saboteur - An Irishman in Paris

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old August 18, 2009, 05:58 AM
Allstar

Not sure about the game, but the trailer is really well made!!!

Looks like a Hitman to me.

Old August 20, 2009, 08:47 AM
Rookie

It does look interesting, I'm only a little hesitant because Pandemic's current gen output has been rather mediocre, at least in terms of stability, bugs and performance. I do like the style, though, and it seems like a cool concept.

I am liking how this game as well as the ones that came out this summer (Prototype, Infamous, Red Faction: Guerrilla, etc.) and ones upcoming (Just Cause 2, Mafia II) shows developers taking the sandboxy action adventure games and putting their own unique spin on them. You can no longer just describe these games as GTA-clones anymore.
Old September 14, 2010, 10:58 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

So I picked this up recently for $20 (PS3). Played through a few hours and so far it's a lot of driving and a lot of story. The atmosphere is absolutely fantastic. Music, dialogue, characters, environments... all very well done to suck you in. Sadly the rest of the game feels pretty clunky, I would suspect because EA told Pandemic "it's finished" when clearly it needed more time. The gameplay gets cut up far too much with loading screens, the controls are finicky, I think the story is good except parts already feel like they are unfinished to me.

But don't let those naggings of mine sway you there is a quality game under it all, I can tell. And if you can play it understanding that, I think it's worth the time. I am looking forward to finally opening up the map tonight. I think the exposition leading up to the meat of the game is a bit too long.

PS... If you have the free extra content pack, this game wastes ZERO time with the nudity, lol.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE

Last edited by Thund3rball; September 14, 2010 at 11:05 AM.