F@H

My System Specs

The maps in COD4 sucked, they should be BF2 sized ::DROOLZ::

-Plato
Old August 11, 2009, 05:49 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
Perhaps you missed the outrage over No Lan in SC2?

Gossip Gamers - Toolbar
Won't last. SC2 is too big. Sales won't even be dented by these boycotts.
Gigabyte HD 6970 OC
Gigabyte Z68X-UDH3-B3
Seasonic 760W
Coolermaster Hyper 212+
CM690 w/ 1-80mm, 6-120mm fans.
Old August 11, 2009, 06:00 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Activision just shot themselves in the foot with a hair-triggered double-barrel shit machine gun.

This is just going to cause more people to pirate their games. Plain and simple.
Common sense tells me they should lower game prices to lure in the ones who have been already pirating due to the $50 price tags we presently have.
Wouldn't it be better to ask $35 or $40 for a game that could potentially sell 2 million or more copies, opposed to asking $50+ for that same game and then only selling about half as many copies due to the higher price????

Jacking the price for CoD:MW2 up to $100USD in Europe is a good idea? Oh yeah, sure it is.

I guess I must be a genius. haha
Old August 11, 2009, 06:36 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewguy001 View Post
It is a huge title, no doubt about that. And you can bet your first born if sales are anything but stellar they won't be looking at themselves and these mind boggling decisions they have been making as the cause. Because you know, it's never the executives making the boneheaded decision who are at fault, it's the pirates!

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old August 11, 2009, 06:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
I for one wont be buying D3 or SC2, not only because bliz and activision are greedy but because I dont feel like the way SC2 will be released. this is a share oppinion and I personally think the boycott will last.

I support the boycott and will not be buying any activision games, oh wait I already dont own any...

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old August 11, 2009, 06:49 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I will vote with my wallet as usual. I'll hold off buying it until it goes on sale even though I am secretly hoping there is a "mute" option for the 50 Cent voice overs...
Old August 11, 2009, 10:36 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Good for these guys but too bad the average fanboy consumer will just pull an Oliver Twist

YouTube - Mooooooreeeee?!?!?!

Unfortunately this time he will get more and he won't like it. Imagine if this boycott worked and it seriously affected sales? Then we would start seeing publishers respect the consumer but alas one can only dream. Also for they guy who said why complain over a $5-$10 increase? This is the classic boiling frog anecdote you figure it out..........

Old August 11, 2009, 11:00 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightest View Post
No that dont fix it either.I'll do sum more googlin i think ,if i cant find a fix i'll make another thread .Thanks thou shayan288
No problem man, good luck.

Q9550 E0 stepping @ 4Ghz
Gigabyte EP45 UD3P
G.Skill pc2 8500 1066mhz RAM
Corsair TX750 Watt Power Supply
Western Digital 500gb and Seagate 500gb in RAID 0
Western Digital 250gb
Antec 1200
OCZ Vendetta 2 LGA 775 CPU cooler with bolt thru kit
XFX HD5970
Steelseries 7G Mechanical Keyboard
Samsung 305T 30 Inch 2560x1600 LCD monitor
Altec Lansing 5.1 Surround Speakers, Sennheiser HD215's, G35's
Steelseries Xai Laser Mouse
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Old August 12, 2009, 12:21 AM

lol 8000 signatures... Very scary...

Considering the vast majority of them are likely recreational "I won't buy XXXXXXX software because of XXXXXXXX" people who were going to pirate the game anyway (the tech savvy crowd), I'm sure Activision is shaking in their boots.

Prices go up. Why don't you boycott gas when it goes up 10% from Thursday to Friday so that people who are going on road trips have to pay more?

It's just pricing changes. Move on. People who A) want it, and B) can afford it, will buy it. They will have it, and you won't. If it's a good product, you'll break down and buy it. If it's not then who cares? It wasn't going to be a commercial success anyway. That's how this works. Pricing is based on "what the market will bear" and a silly little boycott or petition is going to have zero impact until it shows up on a balance sheet, which it won't.

When the 8800GT went up in price, there was outrage. That didn't prevent it from being the best selling video card in my experience with the industry. And I'm not even counting the 9800GT!! That thing is still more expensive than the 8800GT was at launch!

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old August 12, 2009, 01:26 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
lol 8000 signatures... Very scary...

Considering the vast majority of them are likely recreational "I won't buy XXXXXXX software because of XXXXXXXX" people who were going to pirate the game anyway (the tech savvy crowd), I'm sure Activision is shaking in their boots.

Prices go up. Why don't you boycott gas when it goes up 10% from Thursday to Friday so that people who are going on road trips have to pay more?

It's just pricing changes. Move on. People who A) want it, and B) can afford it, will buy it. They will have it, and you won't. If it's a good product, you'll break down and buy it. If it's not then who cares? It wasn't going to be a commercial success anyway. That's how this works. Pricing is based on "what the market will bear" and a silly little boycott or petition is going to have zero impact until it shows up on a balance sheet, which it won't.

When the 8800GT went up in price, there was outrage. That didn't prevent it from being the best selling video card in my experience with the industry. And I'm not even counting the 9800GT!! That thing is still more expensive than the 8800GT was at launch!
True, although there's always that small danger of the bad sentiment sparking off something more - see "Spore". If it gets bad enough, you'll start seeing the people who want it and can afford it, but pirate it out of spite, possibly in the deluded belief that they're supporting a higher cause - and coincidentally keeping their own wallet's fuller. That sort of thing has a bad habit of snowballing until the next big thing shows up as a distraction.