Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 7, 2009, 12:31 AM
Rookie

Thumbs up EA First Free online web game Battlefield Heros

I found a really awesome browser games Battlefield Heroes recently, and would like to share with you. It is a first play for free web game from EA. What you do is create, customize and level up your own unique war hero, then take them into battle against enemies. It is like Video games Battlefield 1942 but play in web browser. You can use special abilities to kill and support others. I believe this EA's browser game will be another boom in online gaming industry like My Brute, spread world wide.

Official site: Battlefield Heroes
Guides and Reviews: Battlefield Heroes Feature,News,Screenshots,Cheats,Guide,Review - New Browser Games - www.bbgsite.com
Old August 7, 2009, 08:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I think it sucks IMHO. Lag everywhere, graphics bad, registry terrible, gameplay broken. I TRIED to play for at least 15-20 mins but it was unbearable. Reading this review also says something similar.

bit-tech.net | Review - Battlefield Heroes Review

If you want to play a good browser based game, play QUAKE LIVE.
Old August 7, 2009, 09:43 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
I think it sucks IMHO. Lag everywhere, graphics bad, registry terrible, gameplay broken. I TRIED to play for at least 15-20 mins but it was unbearable. Reading this review also says something similar.
Yup it sucks. I've tried to play it since Beta and could never get into it.

Gameplay overall is just very slow paced. Sometimes servers you get put into are empty even.

Installation/launching the game is just stupid. Need to go to the site, login, launch it only for it to run it's own external EXE totally outside of the browser.