Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 5, 2010, 05:21 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Well this is released today in North America and I have read a handful of reviews. It sounds like a pretty solid open world action game that combines elements of Zelda and God of War. I am looking forward to picking this up someday down the road when I get through my massive catalogue of games that need to be played, lol.

One interesting discrepancy is IGN UK and AU gave this game 9/10 and 8.9/10... meanwhile the US IGN site gave it a 7.8/10? Judging by all the other reviews I read, I have a feeling the IGN USA reviewer knows that he HAS TO give Dante's Inferno a better rating than Darksiders when it releases. And he likely knows it's going to be the inferior as it is a reskinned GoW and that's all. Whereas this game has a lot more to offer gameplay wise.

So not to make his upcoming Dante's Inferno review look like a complete advertorial, he's going to give it a high 8 in comparison to the 7.8 of Darksiders. Where as if he decided to go with an 8 in the Darksiders review his 9/10 for Dante's Inferno will be an even more obvious EA approved review.

And what's with the IGN 9.5/10 for Bayonetta? Maybe I am missing something here but I thought that demo totally sucked a55? I will buy Dante's Inferno for $40+ before I even look at Bayonetta in the bargain bin. The music and art direction in that game alone are enough to make me pass on it. Never mind the emotionless voice acting and limp story telling all to common in anime style games.

Gah, game reviews suck. :P

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old January 20, 2010, 09:33 PM
Allstar

Small update, Zero Punctuation review of the game : The Escapist : Video Galleries : Zero Punctuation : Darksiders . Hilarious, as usual. No surprises, God of War ripoff.

Old January 20, 2010, 10:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Small update, Zero Punctuation review of the game : The Escapist : Video Galleries : Zero Punctuation : Darksiders . Hilarious, as usual. No surprises, God of War ripoff.

Actually it's a GoW AND Zelda rip-off.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old January 21, 2010, 07:24 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

i have the game and its rather fun. It is as if mcfarlane forced zelda and god of war to have a baby. It is very much a homage to zelda, done hardcore rather than kiddie. It is getting great reviews. People always make everything negative. it is its own game, and its pretty cool. It doesnt hide that it is heavily influenced by zelda, and thats not a bad thing. For a lot of people that is a high water mark game. It also has the action of god of war, which again is a high water mark. its worth playing.

Old January 21, 2010, 08:50 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I haven't played it yet but I actually think I'll like this game, as some of my earlier posts indicate. I just have too many other games to play right now. But you gotta love those Zero Punctuation reviews. ;)

Desktop:
See the drop down!

HEATWARE
Old January 21, 2010, 04:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
I'm more interested in Section 8, I'd like to see how that turns out.
If it's anything like the beta it is going to be terrible, it was VERY slow gameplay and lacked any real tactics IMO

On topic, I must say Dante's Inferno seems much nicer simply because of the art style - the bulky-armoured super dude totally kills it for me.
Old January 21, 2010, 05:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

^^ lmao I just saw that when I was reading these new posts and ya beta was TERRIBLE and I never looked at the game again. lol I'd probably rather play this Darksiders game than Section 8.
Old February 17, 2010, 07:26 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

A 90 minute demo for Darksiders is coming to PS3 & 360 February 25th!

Darksiders Demo Coming to Consoles Next Week, Offering 90 Minutes of Gameplay - Shacknews - PC Games, PlayStation, Xbox 360 and Wii video game news, previews and downloads

Desktop:
See the drop down!

HEATWARE
Old March 30, 2010, 11:55 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Ok PC gamers you asked for it and Vigil has answered the call. Darksiders is coming to PC this June! Reviews claim this game to be a Zelda/God of War - esque title worthy of a go, and the 90 minute demo on PS360 could help you decide.

Darksiders Coming to PC in June - Shacknews - PC Games, PlayStation, Xbox 360 and Wii video game news, previews and downloads

Desktop:
See the drop down!

HEATWARE
Old August 7, 2011, 11:35 AM

My System Specs

Thread resurrection! I bought the game at Christmas and finally decided to give it a play. First off the 45 seconds of unskippable movies at startup is just lame. And secondly and most important. The game has been out for over a year yet it still has no 2560x1440 support. Game looks like crap by forcing me to run 75% lower resolution.