Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 5, 2009, 04:53 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

The RE5 benchmark looks amazing and runs beautifully so I've got no doubts that this is a top notch port. Whether the game is good enough to justify the wait I'm not so sure.
Coolermaster Cosmos II \\ Intel i5 2500K@4.8ghz \\ Gigabyte PA67 UD7\\ MSI Twin Frozr GTX 680 SLI \\Corsair Vengeance 8GB LP \\ Seasonic Platinum 1000W \\ X-Fi Titanium HD \\ OCZ Vertez 3 120GB \\ RAID 0 Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA6G 64MB \\ Samsung 27" 3D LED Monitor \\ Logitech G5 \\ Logitech G-15 Keyboard \\ Logitech Z-5500 \\ Sennheiser 595 \\ Windows 7 x64
Old September 24, 2009, 03:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

i just started playin this on pc and like realityshift said its pretty much re4 just better graphics. but i am liking it. i never really had a prob with 4 cept the graphics were kinda crappy.
Old September 24, 2009, 03:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Bah, I got this for 360 the day it came out, and now it has magically disappeared out of my house. *coughcoughstupidbrothercoughcough*
If anybody finds a deal on it for PC, let me know because I really want to play with some people online but the $59.99 price tag is killing my wallet.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old September 24, 2009, 03:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

RE hasn't been good since the original playstation days sadly :(
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old September 24, 2009, 03:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just bought it used for ps3 cause I had been using a borrowed copy for the longest time, so I had to buy it. It's alright playing through yourself but it is so fun with another player in Co-Op. Replay value is great in that respect. Gotta get more points to get more infinite ammo! Already have AK74, Desert Eagle, and the Bow for Sheva with unlimted ammo. I think there might be another one in there that I have infinite but cant remember. Mercenaries mode is really fun too.
Old September 24, 2009, 03:33 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
RE hasn't been good since the original playstation days sadly :(
nemesis is my fav of the whole series but code veronica is a close second
Old September 25, 2009, 11:55 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan4ever View Post
Bah, I got this for 360 the day it came out, and now it has magically disappeared out of my house. *coughcoughstupidbrothercoughcough*
If anybody finds a deal on it for PC, let me know because I really want to play with some people online but the $59.99 price tag is killing my wallet.
You can actually buy CD keys for RE5 (PC) and a lot of other games on ebay...it's legal, but I don't remember the seller's name though. It was only like $10 US for me.

All you have to do is download the image file for the game or borrow someone's installation DVD and then enter in the CD key that you bought.

I'm playing co-op right now and the game is absolutely amazing.
Old September 26, 2009, 06:21 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

I got this game because of the reviews. My first of the RE series and my first survival horror genre too.

I think I'm missing something here. I can't survive the first fight. Tried three times, I last about 10 minutes and they just keep swarming me and my crappy pistol. Huge guy with the big hammer won't go down either.

How do these fights go down? Am I just supposed to run for it? Any help would be appreciated.
Old September 26, 2009, 07:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Lol I guess that's what happens when your a noob at Res Evil. The first one is actually kinda tough the first time playing. You're talking about the fight with the Executioner? You just have to survive a certain amount of time until your "backup" arrives. If you kill the Executioner probably get something sweet. Theres way more loot on Veteran mode if you wanna get lots of money. There's one level in particular that's got alot of treasures in it but I can't remember which one... a Chapter 5 level I think? Pro mode is so hard you get hit once and you go into dyeing state and the state only lasts long enough for you to heal your partner in time ONLY if you're right next to them and press the heal button like the second it goes into dyeing. So hard. Also there is a rocket launcher in a ship in the middle of the lake that you can get as many times as you want. Just go get it, exit and save and then play the level and do it again.

You can get some special weapons too like if you upgrade the first pistol you get to the max, you will unlock M93R triple shot pistol. Ok well I was too lazy to think of which guns unlock which so here's a copy + paste list from another site:

• Gatling gun for Chris: Fully upgrade the VZ61 machine gun. Hydra triple barrel shotgun: Fully upgrade the Ithaca M37 shotgun. Longbow for Sheva: Fully upgrade the S75 rifle. M93R pistol (Samurai Edge Custom): Fully upgrade the M92F pistol. Smith and Wesson M500 Magnum (Handcannon): Fully upgrade the Smith and Wesson M29 Magnum.

There's some tips for ya, but I'd definately also recommend playing it through with another play in co-op because the experience is just so much better, playing with an actual live player rather than AI. Makes it easier to play through as well. Need anymore tips, just ask. I've played the game through multiple times. Only way to get infinite ammo!
Old September 27, 2009, 08:18 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Thanks headsh0t. So it's run and gun then, they just keep coming, not like most FPS where there's a set ammount of baddies to kill and then you move on?