Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 25, 2009, 09:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

YouTube - Men of War Brits v US Grudgematch Vidcast 1 of 4

Good video of this game.

I am playing it on windows 7 64 bit so I think it would work on Vista 64 bit.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old July 29, 2009, 07:59 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

i just downloaded it on sunday and played it for the first time last night. I got past the train level, but it took me a little while to get the hang of the controls and camera angles. It's a good game so far, my computer plays it nicely at full detail and resolution. It's much more difficult than any other RTS game i've played, and i have it set on easy! If I read the user manual and practice a bit more, i think i am really going to enjoy playing this. I'll have to replay the first 2 levels because i failed so many objectives. It's super fun to put the tank in direct control mode and cruise around blowing things up :)
Old September 24, 2009, 11:15 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Ok i'm on the last level of the russian campaign now, and all i can say is this game is awesome! I like it way better than any of the command an conquer games i've ever played. you can be swarmed and overrun my enemy infantry and tanks, but turn the tables by stealing or manning one piece of artillery or a tank -even stealing a flamethrower from a dead german and hosing an entire infantry squad with armor support using one man. The detail is outstanding, controls have become much easier to manage after playing a few levels. I haven't tried the multiplayer yet, but i think it's going to be really fun to have skirmishes. Hopefully both players can command the same units co-operatively. Sometimes the big battles are a little tough to manage, and i have to slow the game speed down to keep track of everything going on. I highly recommend this game to any RTS fan
Old September 25, 2009, 09:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yup great game. The multiplayer is fun and is growing. The only down side I see is there are not a lot of smart players so sometimes you join a 12 player game and if 1 or 2 of your team mates is an idiot then you are most likely going to loose. I personally like to play with my friends mostly because I can trust them and we know each other's strategy. There is also up to 4 player co-op for the single player missions. It is pretty cool for some missions like the 2 Russian mission. The last Russian mission is fairly difficult I think. I have beat every single mission including the bonus but haven't beat the last Russian mission. Although I only played it twice.

One of my favourite things in multiplayer is it shoot the crew off of a howitzer or some other artillery piece like the land mattress. Then drive a truck and steal it and bring it back to my side and use it against them. If done right they might not notice it if they are not looking. It is so epic if it gets done to you. You can't do that in any other game.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old September 25, 2009, 11:58 PM
MVP
F@H

I dunno about you guys, but ever played Warzone 2100? This game is great for online RTS. Not to mention with all the updates the units that can be designed are amazing. Has to be one of my favourite RTS games of all time. Look it up if you haven't heard of it!
Coolermaster Hyper 212+
Thermaltake Armor
Corsair TX850W
Mushkin HP3 2x2GB DDR3
Samsung SATA DVD-RW

MSI GeForce GTX 275 Twin Frozr