Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 26, 2009, 01:42 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Default ARMA2

Has anyone else checked out this game and the movies on UTube? http://www.arma2.com/agegate/agegate.html The free demo download is 2.8Gb!! You need to update your DX 9 to the latest version from March 2009. It allows single player and multiplayer experience with the game with a boot camp for training to get used to the controls. Apparently from what I have read so far this game likes quad core cpu's for the Ai that is used in the game. Very hardware demanding and an amazing game to look at graphically. Google arma 2 and check out the movie posted with huge battle using over 1500 AI!!!. Check out the game posters comments that are posted beside the movie. This game will be the ultimate war game for awhile. I am holding off on upgrading my system until I read more on hardware performance once the game is released in North America. The demo plays ok on my AMD 6000+ x2 with GForce 8800GTS 640mb card but it likes the new Ati 4890 cards according to game forums. Anyone else tried the demo yet?
Old June 26, 2009, 06:57 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Wasnt that impressed to tell you the truth. There is something about how the do the blur that bugs me a lot....everything is fuzzy all the time unless you are standing still. Not to mention the atrocious voices in the game.
Old June 26, 2009, 10:23 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Default RE: Motion Blur and Voices

Apparently the motion blur was put in the game to help with lower end graphics cards to boost frame rates. Many people are asking for a way to disable it, there apparently is a hack that is available. Your are right it is making many people quite nauseous. I guess there is a lot of experimentaton going on with video settings to improve this. It's just based on individual preferences like you stated.
The voices used by the Ai in the game take some getting used to, I 'm sure as BI Studio continue to improve the game - debugging - (which some game fanatics expect will take upwards of 6 months) it will improve. You can also turn the voices off in the menu. When playing multiplayer last night with the demo version, there was just the voices of other team players. Hopefully bugs will be ironed out as I believe this game will be a lot of fun with infinite replayability and has a lot of potential. I'm just checking it out myself and am doing quite a bit of reading on the Bohemia Interactive Forums to learn about everything going on with this game.
Old June 27, 2009, 02:51 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I checked it out as well ......It needs a little work, This game is going to kick ass as long as they get all the little bugs ironed out.And the vocals are terrible.

Old June 27, 2009, 06:51 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

i don't like the control. **GIMME MY JUMP KEY**

-Plato
Old June 27, 2009, 07:49 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

i wasnt overly suprised that there wasnt a jump key, most military sims dont use jump....you just dont bound around in war. Jump is something from consoles, usually if you need to climb something there is a button to do just that. Yes i know i am one of those ones that is addicted to pressing the jump button too :) Sigh...boing boing boing :)
Old June 27, 2009, 12:47 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

BI is continuing to work on bug fixes, this is not your typical run and gun FPS type game. I think a few months down the road when more bugs are worked out it will kick ass. The movies I have seen are simply amazing. The game doesn't look to bad on my system, but I have only been playing around with boot camp portion. I haven't seen my system run with a mission and more AI yet. I don't know of any soldiers that jump around with 100lb back packs on either. I'm continuing to read up on the game and checking out other people's opinions. I hope this game gets the support from the gaming community and is very successful.
Old June 27, 2009, 01:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I must say that I like when devs do not include a jump key. I am so tired of bunny hoppers.
On the other hand a jump/step up key would be handy for stepping over small logs or rocks or car rims and whatever is on the ground that the game will not let you step over.
Old June 27, 2009, 01:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJunky View Post
I am so tired of bunny hoppers.
100% agree. bunnyhoppers in my book are skilless players......But this game do show some promise once they get all the bugs worked out. hope it has good support from the gamers to,so theres good mp.....i love cod and all but i need something diff thats why i been playin insurgency alot lately
Old June 27, 2009, 01:45 PM
Rookie

im hooked on TF2... so i havent really checked out any newer games.