Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 24, 2009, 04:27 AM
Hall Of Fame

Default Overlord II

Anybody else giving this game a shot? Just downloaded it yesterday after the Steam demo left me with a good impression.

So far, looks pretty solid. Fairly amusing, largely intuitive controls. Zero hardware problems/crashes so far, and my single GPU is having zero problems pushing 25x16 on max details. Looks like a fairly large world, pretty well-detailed. Difficulty so far has been almost a little too low, we'll see if that changes in later areas.

Defining moment so far: Clearing out a minefield by chasing a group of baby seals into swimming into it.
Old June 24, 2009, 01:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I think this game has a fantastic concept. I played the demo for the first one and liked it. From the sounds of it they really ramped it up for the sequel. Not sure I am willing to drop $50 on it, but I like that it is quite different from most other games. I'll try out the demo at some point, when I has the time. :)

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old June 25, 2009, 08:15 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Reviews are starting to come in and they all seem very positive. All are in agreement that the game is more polished and just as good, if not better than the first. So this sequel really deserves to get more attention than its predecessor. I downloaded the demo last night, haven't touched it yet but I am looking forward to carrying out some truly evil deeds as soon as I can. ;)

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old June 25, 2009, 05:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

Ah, here's the mine-clearing part.