Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 20, 2009, 12:49 AM
Rookie

Default AION MMORPG

AION is a new MMORPG from NCSoft.
Its a pay to play game and will be 15$ USD a month wich isnt bad. The worlds look pretty cool and better than WoW in my opinion. Its in testing right now and will be out sometime in a few months. Just seeing if anyone has heard about this game looks sweet to me.
New Fantasy MMORPG by NCsoft | Aion: The Tower of Eternity

Last edited by Eyez; June 20, 2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old June 20, 2009, 01:38 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I've been interested in this for a bit. Reminds me of Guild Wars. A little too sensationalist in presentation, though.
Old June 20, 2009, 04:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Its a free to play game and will be 15$ USD a month wich isnt bad
Huh?

Quote:
How much will Aion cost?
We anticipate Aion will be similar to our other subscription-based games, featuring a boxed product and associated subscription fees.
F2P?....

Honestly it looks like any other free 2 play game thats been released in the hundreds lately only they charge you $70 for the software...

NCsoft has made lots of games like this, they all look like guildwars rips, they all play like guild wars rips, and honestly id rather just subscribe to one of the many fully free to download and play games like 2moons or games along the same lines. You should probubly take a run through wrath of the lich king before you say the levels on this game look better then wow, the new areas of WoW look much better and have alot more flow to them then the ones im seeing in any of the preview movies of aion.

3 races and 4 classes?? How is that worth my $70 + $180 per year to play? Id rather play Eq2 which boasts TONs of classes and races and even nicer looking worlds and more then likely much more detailed leveling questing and advancements then this game. The problem I have always had with guildwars is its level limits, its over emphasis on horrible PVP elements, and its class limitations. All of which seem to be oozing into this release as well. Yet another large asian made game that will have millions of users based over seas and very few players from north america. Thats my opinion on the matter anyways.

I learned MMO gaming through 7 years of Everquest 1, 4 years of wow and 2 years of EQ2, all of these games I was more then willing to shell out $15 a month to play, they where well thought out and epicly huge. This one not so much.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old June 20, 2009, 09:18 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ugh...when are these things going to get out of a medieval environment with wizards and elves. When are they going to release a good MMO with lots of action in either the present day or the future?
Old June 20, 2009, 09:22 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Ya Ncsoft's target audience with there mmo's is the eastern countrys. I expect Aion to be alot like Lineage2 was,poorly supported over here and infested with gold selling bots.
Old June 20, 2009, 09:29 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Well bojangles,when a developer finally tries to make something different instead of trying to make WoW2,we may see something along those lines.Hopes are still up for Star Wars: The Old Republic.
Old June 20, 2009, 10:21 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
Ugh...when are these things going to get out of a medieval environment with wizards and elves. When are they going to release a good MMO with lots of action in either the present day or the future?
the Star Wars Old Republic MMO looks promising, at least right now it does anyways. Star Wars: The Old Republic
Old June 20, 2009, 10:34 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
DUDE!

APB - Cops and Robbers goes 3D

Join me (and maybe enaberif ) when it comes out - Gonna take over dah hood yo

(Ya I suck at the ganster thing...dang white cracker)

Hell if you've heard about Vancouver lately.... this is practically as realistic and "right now" as you can get
Old June 20, 2009, 03:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Alot of us play fantasy midevil games because it gets us out of the everyday monotony of day to day life :p I personally love the current setup of most RPGs, but what I would like to see happen is more along the lines of a fallout MMO. Im not about to pay money to run around in the presant doing stuff I could actualy go out and do, id rather play a person in a post apocolyptic world!

That being said, that cops and robbers game looks sweet, you might have another HWC joining you in game FiXT ;)

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old June 20, 2009, 03:36 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I'm still patiently waiting for more info on Huxley. An MMOFPS sounds great.