Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 19, 2009, 02:33 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default APB - Cops and Robbers goes 3D

Holy crap, this game could be epic!

Chaotic Multiplayer APB Will Make You a Smarter Criminal | GameLife | Wired.com

Strangely enough, naught two years ago, a friend and I were driving back from Cali, and were discussing the potentially for developing an MMO that was almost identical to this (Our IP has been robbed.. I'm going to sue )

While I am sure some people won't like the idea of literally being a e-criminal, personally I think this would have huge potential. Heck look at that online MUDs like gangwars, mob wars or something? I see ads for it on occasion and have heard it is pretty popular.

Last edited by FiXT; June 20, 2009 at 10:34 AM.
Old June 19, 2009, 02:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

"What do you do in the midst of all this chaos? Nothing. APB isn’t a free-for-all bacchanalia of shots fired and car crashes. The city is a big multiplayer hub, and you’ll be matched up to do battle with other players on a case-by-case basis. You might learn to be a better criminal in the process."

oh but then you read later...

"You can’t open fire on anyone that the game’s matchmaking system hasn’t paired you up with. If players truly want to experience this, however, Jones says APB will have “chaos servers” where anything goes. But it’s a “completely different game,” he warns."

Now that is my idea of fun.