Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 9, 2009, 08:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Exclamation DS or DSI???

Hi guys, there is one of the biggest question I ever got. For my timw with my girlfirend she offer me to buy me a new game consol like DS DSI or PSP3000. I realy like the DS but there is something I like with PSP3000, web browsing. Is that ever possible on the DSI like to come over my HWC and all my fav review site? Help me chose between these. I never had a consol before ( well I own a PS2 for a week never open the box and then sell it:) ) Thank you at all hope that you will help me:)

Regard

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old June 10, 2009, 11:55 AM
Rookie

Well DSI has a web browser (Opera) its alright and also has 2 camera's and DLC. The original DS doesn't but there are a lot of mod chips for free games. PSP I dont know
Old June 10, 2009, 12:39 PM
Allstar

Honestly they both suck. Both systems has games that are either re-made versions of the original with a different name or plays like browser based flash games. Web browsing is really is slow on both too.
Old June 10, 2009, 01:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If you're in need of a flash kart for DS and DSi, let me know. =)

Anyways, I'd say go for the NDS Lite. I see no reason in paying extra for the DSi since there are so few games available at the moment that can take advantage of the DSi's new functions. Plus many of the DSi's new functions, DS can already do.
Old June 10, 2009, 01:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ok, my last question is about the web browser, I know it's opera (same version using by Archos I think) but is it only limited to the Nintendo store or it can be used on the full web ( without some service like probably adobe and other thing that we don't use very often. )

Martin_metal_88

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old June 10, 2009, 02:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

It's a browser, although you might run into some limitations, particularly with speed, you should be able to surf as you please.

Edit: And for my 2 cents, I'd get a DSi if you don't already have a DSLite. And there are plenty of good games for DS, way better than PSP imo. What's nice about the DSi is SD CARD storage without any hacks or mods, camera, bigger screens...

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old June 10, 2009, 06:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ok thx, I'll go get mine soon. And try to get Ghost buster with it:P these movies change my life:P

Martin_metal_88

Old June 10, 2009, 07:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hmm well I would rather want an ipod touch. It has games (some really great games check out ign iPod Touch/iPhone have there own section), music, movies, awesome web browser, plus so much more then the PSP or DS. That is if you don't already have an iPod. They are great and I can't simply recommend a DS or PSP anymore (I have owned both and am selling my original DS) With apple's 3.0 update there will be some cool features also. IGN Advertisement There are so many different types of games and the system is decently powerfull so graphics are pretty good. Plus you can download hundreds of free games and some are better then a lot of the paid games. Plus most games are much cheaper then DS game at around 10 bucks. or less.

here are some recent games that are pretty good.

IGN Advertisement
IGN Advertisement
IGN Advertisement
IGN Advertisement
IGN Advertisement
IGN Advertisement
IGN Advertisement
IGN Advertisement
IGN Advertisement

There are many more and ign has only review a handful.

Plus there are also plenty of apps that are amazing. And if you are in school it might help because there are plenty of calculator apps like graphing calculator, dictionary right in your hands and all that stuff you don't want to do during class

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."

Last edited by belgolas; June 10, 2009 at 07:28 PM.
Old June 10, 2009, 10:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

True enough iPod touch is a strong mobile game contender. I already have an older iPod so the thought didn't cross my mind for this thread. Good call belgolas.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old June 11, 2009, 07:09 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The problem with the Ipod touch are 1: Itune. I hate any software wich is related to a MP3 player. Nothing better than ust plug and play. Also they are overprice and my final point...I'm a true music lover so the Ipod sound quality scratch my ear I can't listen to for a long time.

Martin_metal_88