Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 1, 2009, 12:10 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Microsoft E3 Press Conference....

Brought to you by zingers like this one about Forza III:

"the definitive racing game of this generation."

Pretty upbeat, aren't they?

They have reason to be.....because Metal Gear is coming to the 360 but not in the way you may think. Call it Metal Gear Lite.

Personally, the MS conference always annoys the heck out of me for the simple fact that they have delebs come up and talk about...nothing.

More to come (listening to it through a cell phone connection) but so far...yaaaaaawn.
Old June 1, 2009, 12:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

MG is about the only game I miss from not having a console.
Old June 1, 2009, 12:17 PM

Personally, I am loving my Wii and the PS3 is amazing for a media center.

My 360 on the other hand RROD'd on my girlfriend last week so that is currently down for the count. Would I actually buy a MSG game on the 360? Heck no; too many limitations.
Old June 1, 2009, 12:20 PM
Allstar
F@H

Man that new camera for the Xbox is simply stunning...

but yeah MGS: Rising starring Raiden is coming on the Xbox. No word on exclusive so far. Funniest part is Alan Wake, an exclusive PS3 title, now on the Xbox exclusively.

But yeah, I'm totally grabbing Forza 3!
CPU Intel Core i7 2700K 3.5GHZ
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V
Memory Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II
Sound Card ASUS Xonar DX
Old June 1, 2009, 12:30 PM

I couldn't care less about Forza III and MSG Lite with Raiden is (IMO) a failure before it even comes out.

Alan Wake however; that is odd because it is listed as a Games for Windows Live title.

The new camera is just amazing and looks to totally put Nintendo in place. If anything this shows two things: Sony needs younger blood running things at SCEA and that Nintendo hit the nail so squarely on the head that everyone is trying to copy them.

One other thing that has shocked me so far is how barren the 360's lineup is looking. Seriously, out of all the things that were mentioned so far the only one I would be remotely interested in is Project Natal.
Old June 1, 2009, 12:34 PM
Allstar
F@H

True that, but I really can't wait Forza 3. I dunno why you such a hater about Forza because it's such a nice game. Driving Physics are far better then Gran Turismo. At least when you press the game, you feel your car drifting.

But seriously, Crackdown 2, Forza 3, Halo: ODST, Alan Wake, Left 4 Dead 2, Dead Rising, MGS: Raiden, Splinter Cell: Conviction... I dunno what you are saying that the Xbox doesn't have any good titles coming, they actually have a few and most of them are releasing this fall.

Seriously, I wonder how they will pull it off with MGS: Rising... I mean MGS4 used a whole double layer BD, which 50GB. Multi Disk anyone?
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V
Sound Card ASUS Xonar DX
Old June 1, 2009, 01:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

L4D 2 pisses me off. Get on with Ep 3 already Valve! L4D is fine, make some new DLC and everyone will be happy. Do we really need L4D 2 already?

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old June 1, 2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chos3n View Post
I dunno why you such a hater about Forza because it's such a nice game. Driving Physics are far better then Gran Turismo. At least when you press the game, you feel your car drifting.
Personally, I like Gran Turismo better due to the fact that I like my racers with an acrade feel to them. To me Forza is far too overdone with realistic physics and then falls flat on its face when trying to play it with an actual racing wheel.

Here are my takes:

Quote:
Crackdown 2
Hated the first one so I am not looking forward to the sequel.

Quote:
Forza 3
See above.

Quote:
Halo: ODST
Yaaaaaaaaaaawn.

Quote:
Alan Wake
Over the cell phone, you could hear people snicker when this one was announced. Many are calling vaporware but we will have to see because the potential is there.

Quote:
Left 4 Dead 2
Why anyone would want to play L4D on a console is beyond me.

Quote:
Dead Rising
Intersting but idiotic save system kills it for me.

Quote:
MGS: Raiden
MGS Lite. No thanks. The XBox 360 disks just can't handle the information necessary for a PROPER MGS game. Probably not an exclusive.

Quote:
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Not enough info for me to get excited about it.

I used to be a pretty avid 360 gamer but the last game I bought and enjoyed on it was Ace Combat 6.
Old June 1, 2009, 01:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

L4D needs a melee weapons that's NOT a chainsaw

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old June 1, 2009, 01:09 PM
Allstar
F@H

I agree with you though for Forza comparing Gran Turismo. But I like those sims. I like the fact, that if you put the trigger all the way down, you will start sliding and drifting. In Gran Turismo, they still got that icy feeling. The car feels like you are on ice. Don't try to drift though.

But true most of them are just sequels, like Left 4 Dead 2 ? They could have done a simple update or DLC. But since it's too big for console to handle, BAM new game.

Dead Rising 2 is suppose to have a new saving system less annoying then the first one. God yes you are on that though, I saved during an outdated mission so I had to restart my game...

Anyways i'm not excepting something from Nintendo at all. I mean maybe they could announce a new Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus and co. but they are making so much money they don't care. My Wii has been collecting dust since a while now.

On Sony, I would like to see them actually release something. The 3 past years have been promises and such, so far, only a few have been done. I want to see MAG in action, I mean 256 players in one game = awesome. Also, the new Kojima annoucement with Big Boss as the playable character will be interresing.
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V
Sound Card ASUS Xonar DX