Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 1, 2009, 01:42 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Sony is the one I am waiting for but they always overpromise. I have quite a few gripes just about their PSN purchasing service as it is:

- Video rentals and downloads not available in Canada (CanCon, here we come again)
- It is impossible to sift through the sections and find the indie titles
- Wait, I have to PAY for a "Premium" theme? Pfffft.
- $15 for WORMS!? Seriously, let me say that again: $15....for....WORMS

As for game announcements; someone needs their butt kicked. I am sick and damn tired of listening to developers make sweet, sweet love to the PS3's "graphics horsepower" only to have the games released with ONLY 720P support. Resistance 2? 720P. Killzone 2? 720P InFamous? 720P and jaggies everywhere. If this isn't the biggest bunch of hipocracy in gaming's history, I don't know what is.

What will Sony announce? IMO, their closet will be even emptier than Microsoft's.
Old June 1, 2009, 01:45 PM
Allstar
F@H

Dude, Premium Themes has boobs.

Nuff' said.
CPU Intel Core i7 2700K 3.5GHZ
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V
Memory Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II
Sound Card ASUS Xonar DX
Old June 1, 2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chos3n View Post
Dude, Premium Themes has boobs.

Nuff' said.

True.
Old June 1, 2009, 02:56 PM
Allstar

Quote:
L4D needs a melee weapons that IS a chainsaw
fixed

Old June 1, 2009, 04:28 PM

Sorry, the best melee weapon is the one they listed after the chainsaw: frying pan.
Old June 1, 2009, 09:00 PM
Allstar

Frying Pan would be awesome... if only they could bring back my favorite weapon : The Voodoo Doll from Blood!

Old June 1, 2009, 09:43 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah Natal definitely was the major highlight along with that Milo demo using it.

I like the looks of Forza 3 as well even though I haven't played the previous ones in depth. However when they come out, I was still more into arcade racing (like NFS style) but lately I've been more into the simulation style.

Instant video rental is a good idea but I don't see that being instant on my 5Mbps DSL connection but at least it sounds like it'll work in all countries now. Also I believe they mentioned it was called Zune Video or something, so I guess they're going to finally merge Zune and XBOX together.

Also you can download newly released games which will be interesting as well. However it wasn't mentioned in the conference itself. Payment via credit card rather than MS Points.

All the social networking stuff was a big "meh" for me cause I'm simply not into any of it but I can see the market for it. I'm sure people will love having Facebook and Twitter on there.

Oh and there was far too much Beatles Rock Band stuff in the beginning. Like WTF? Who cares? That's not something I'd be boasting when it runs on other platforms.

TBH, it was the first E3 conference I watched in full since it was on TV and I'm home, so I can't really compare it to prior years.
Old June 2, 2009, 05:12 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Haha I would just love to hear the "DINK" sound when smashing in a zombie's head. I wouldn't stop laughing during the whole round haha. :D :D
Old June 4, 2009, 01:38 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

the new metal gear solid is NOT microsoft only its coming to ps3 as well so get off your high and mighty its not worth playing on the xbox cuz it will just be a neutered game pot please
Old June 4, 2009, 01:40 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

just for the record i have both systems, and i do prefer the xbox by a large margin.