Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Gaming (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/)
-   -   wow private servers... (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/1827-wow-private-servers.html)

omgwtf July 5, 2007 04:42 PM

wow private servers...

Anyone that's playin' wow ?..not on blizzard cuz it's too damn expensive, but on private servers.. I was looking on wowstatus.net and other sites and I'm not finding any server that I would like. First of all i have 2.1.2 version second I wanna be a funserver with T6 and other things, and of course players..like over 50 dunno..
If you guys are playin' tell me a good server or a website we're I'm gonna find servers..Thanks. :biggrin:

Cheator July 6, 2007 06:20 AM

Sorry to mention this, but isn't this illegal? I mean, I think it breaches the EULA, if not more.

Gamashinoch July 27, 2007 11:20 AM

Ya $14 a month is really hurting. Gimme a break.

Il Duce August 12, 2007 08:47 PM

it's like almost 3.5 days worth of lunch. Assuming you eat junior chicken combos for lunch.

Scratch August 12, 2007 10:50 PM

and it could or could not be illegal dependent on the files being used.
Lineage 2J (Java files) are not illegal to use but L2U (hacked game files) are, again dependent on what country you live in because the EULA of any game is really not worth the paper its printed on if the authorities of the country you live in won't acknowledge or accept responsibility for the enforcement of said rules

Cheator August 13, 2007 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scratch (Post 16993)
and it could or could not be illegal dependent on the files being used.
Lineage 2J (Java files) are not illegal to use but L2U (hacked game files) are, again dependent on what country you live in because the EULA of any game is really not worth the paper its printed on if the authorities of the country you live in won't acknowledge or accept responsibility for the enforcement of said rules

Its illegal in Canada. That should be the country that counts, here.

Amon August 13, 2007 10:12 AM

I'm glad I got rid of this game. The monthly fee is tiny a bit high when you consider the time and effort put into playing it versus the rewards or rewarding gameplay. Private servers were popular with Ragnarok Online some time ago, but the issue of legality would depend on the country/jurisdiction in which the server is hosted.

Gamashinoch August 13, 2007 02:34 PM

Play WoW then play...Vanguard. Then tell me WoW isn't worth it's monthly fee and that Vanguard is. That's the perfect comparison of two MMO, ones polished and one is sub standard. Regardless, Vanguard isn't on my PC anymore.

Amon August 13, 2007 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamashinoch (Post 17035)
Play WoW then play...Vanguard. Then tell me WoW isn't worth it's monthly fee and that Vanguard is. That's the perfect comparison of two MMO, ones polished and one is sub standard. Regardless, Vanguard isn't on my PC anymore.

Not sure from where you conjured up the assumption of us saying the fee was worthless.

Gamashinoch August 13, 2007 11:28 PM

I'm just pointing out that the monthly fee isn't a hard pill to swallow (for what you get reward:time put in) when compared to other games like it.