Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 24, 2009, 03:40 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Demigod for 50% off

Hey all. Demigod is a great game, and from a great company. They are offering 50% off coupons to everyone who bought their game to give to friends to ge them into the fun as well. Since i have no friends (kriez ) i am offering my code up to anyone who wants to get into demigod for themselves. Just shoot me a private message and i will give you my code.
Old May 24, 2009, 05:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

I have a coupon as well. Now, I dont think its a good game, I didnt like it at all and I dont think its go to be a long lived game, just thought it would be fair if I told you. If you still want my coupon feel free to ask.
Old May 24, 2009, 06:08 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

its a very strange game at first and takes a little getting used too. I find either you get it or you dont. I personally think it IS a good game, and stardock has been very vigilant fixing things and making the network code better. I would be interested to know just how much of a chance you gave it....and if it was only during the first week of its release. Things have improved a lot, which is why they are doing this promotion.
Old May 24, 2009, 08:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Does it have boobs?
Old May 24, 2009, 08:35 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonTrooper View Post
Does it have boobs?
The essence of life.
CPU Intel Core i7 2700K 3.5GHZ
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V
Memory Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II
Sound Card ASUS Xonar DX
Old May 24, 2009, 11:25 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

yes, it has boobs, unfortunately they are not bare :P if thats what you are asking :P
Old May 25, 2009, 12:04 AM
Hall Of Fame

This game bombed so bad... so yes I can understand why the 50%
Old May 25, 2009, 12:41 AM
Hall Of Fame

I played it through the beta, and the first 2 weeks, the single player which was promised is non-existant, the ai is about as good as my cat, and online was just a mess. My biggest gripe through is that there is no diversity, it is extremely repetitive and generals are not as they were said to be, generals are just assassins with some friends which you have no real control over. I thought this was going to be a cross between RTS and RPG and its not, its essentially an online RPG with no story. And thats my last gripe, it has no story at all.
Old May 25, 2009, 08:43 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Fair enough, but its supposed to be a multiplayer game. There is a lot more depth once you start getting into it and the interactions between character leveling/gear/citadel upgrades. Most multiplayer games dont have much story, i dont see it being much of a fault. Its like saying a baseball game didnt have enough character development. I never once saw anything about this game was supposed to have a deep single player....it always was, rise your demigod to godhood by winning touraments. I dont see much development being available other than something stupid like street fighter does.
Old May 25, 2009, 08:56 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yes everything I heard about this game was centered around tournament style MP, hence why I haven't had much interest in it. Whether or not it's actually good or not I can't really say. But 50% off is usually enough of an incentive for me to buy a game that has had a mixed reception, that I am also interested in so ya ... good deal for those into this style of play.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE