Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 23, 2009, 07:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Diablo III - Beastiary Update - Fallen Ones

Diablo III - The Fallen Ones

Blizzard sure is taking their sweet time with this one. Still no hint as to a release date.

The world is your oyster. Shuck away my friend, shuck away!
Old May 23, 2009, 11:31 AM
MVP

Yeah updates are really slow for diablo 3. On the blizzard website you can register for a chance @ the SC2 Beta. Which will most likely come summertime, game may be available fall-winter this year.

D3 is still going to be a while from the looks of it
Old May 23, 2009, 11:31 AM
Allstar

Its cool to see those updates, but kindly useless IMO. If they still take 2 years to develop the game, these monsters may totally change or even disappear.

Old May 23, 2009, 02:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Sc2 was supose to be releasing this summer, not starting beta testing this summer.... Blizzard needs to pull up their socks on this one, they have made enough money off of WoW to be able to throw some cash at these games.

I REALLY cant wait for diablo 3 to hit the stores.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old May 23, 2009, 02:18 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realityshift View Post
Sc2 was supose to be releasing this summer, not starting beta testing this summer.... Blizzard needs to pull up their socks on this one, they have made enough money off of WoW to be able to throw some cash at these games.

I REALLY cant wait for diablo 3 to hit the stores.
Throwing money at a game does not make it a good game, nor does it make it release faster. Blizzard are known for taking forever to release games because they have standards. Theyll develop a game for years and if they dont think its good enough, theyll scrap it. THAT is why blizzard is such a great company. They dont care about releasing 50 million sequels to a game just to cash in on sales. The care about spending alot more time and effort to make a game that will be a classic and sell for YEARS. Look at diablo II and starcraft, there are still thousands of people playing these games because of the effort blizzard puts into them. Id be fine with waiting 5 years for scII or dIII because i know that when it does come out it will be a great game no matter what.
Mobo: ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe
Memory: 4gb OCZ Platinum 1000mhz ddr2
Graphics: 2x Sapphire 4830s in Crossfire
Keyboard: Logitech G11
Mouse: Logitech G9
HD:WD 640gb Caviar Black + 750gb Seagate
#hardwarecanucks on irc.enterthegame.com
Old May 23, 2009, 02:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I agree, but yes throwing money at a game DOES increase its production times and quality, the more testers, the more coders, and the more people on the lower chain production can deffinetly help boost production times. Blizard makes awesome games, other then hellgate: london, I cant think of a single one that has tanked, however they also know that by releasing even just Sc2 they will lose alot of players on their wow servers as well. Diablo 3 will most certainly destroy wow, atleast for a while, which are also good reasons to delay a game ;) Look at the game play movies and tell me that they still have enough work to do on the game to last them 5-8 months or more... the meat of the game is finished, even diablo 3 is easily at the beta stage, they are stalling.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old May 23, 2009, 03:05 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I don't know that DIII (when/if it actually makes it out to the street) will take away many WOW players... completely different beast IMO. I was a 4yr+ DII junkie, but wouldn't touch WOW with a ten foot USB cable.......

That said... I'm completely ignoring any of the slow leaks we're getting WRT information on DIII until they're ready to drop some kind of loose ETA. I'll definately be buying it as soon as I can get my hands on it, but these 6 month updates only serve to remind me how long it's been since they started working on the game. Kudos to Blizzard for always putting out a quality product, but c'mon folks... anything over 3 years development for something that's building on a current platform seems a bit much to me.

Gigabyte C1007UN-D / 2X4G Gskill PC3-10700 / Pico PSU / 2.5" 750G Toshiba HDD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 19" BenQ / 1X 17" HP
Old May 23, 2009, 03:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Unhappy

yea, blizzard sure like to take it's sweet time. it took them 11 years to release starcraft 2 , thats just .........

and of now they are saying starcraft 2 will be on the street by 2009 Q4. And what ever happen to Starcraft Ghost , its probably dead by now, still no update for the past few years i really wanted to see a 3d hydralisk

diablo 3 might take another 7 or 10 more years. maybe in the 2020s

And as for WoW, i payed for 1 month and played a few hours and never touch it , the exploring and walking a few KMs to cities were not my thing BUt blizzard is still too afraid that D3 might effect WoW's sales.

Most of my D2 friends are in the WoW wagon waiting for the release of D3
When WoW becomes free to play, thats when D 3 will come out
Old May 23, 2009, 04:15 PM
Top Prospect

i used to be a hardcore wow player, but right now i am really getting bored of WoW all the gaming style are too repetitive even after all the expansion and patches, i just log on once a while doing nth waiting for D3 to release. as for SC2 i am not seeing a too big difference in improvement ever since WC3 and its expansion, yes i was a super SC fan back then 10 yrs ago i used to play almost 24/7 but from the look of it SC2 doesn't have the innovation features to attract me like SC did yrs ago. again i maybe wrong maybe it got a strong storyline to bak it up but for the moment only thing i am looking for is D3 and for sure they ll lose quite a bit a wow subsriber when D3 comes out after all me and my frds in wow are really bored of it alrdy =(
Old May 23, 2009, 04:31 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Am I the only one that actually FEARS Diablo III coming out? I remember nearly losing my life entirely when D2 was out...then again when the expansion came...I'm a lot older now, and I'm really not sure what will happen if I get addicted that hard again <laugh> Mind you, as has already been said, by the time Blizzard actually gets the game out, who knows how old I'll be? Maybe I can take early retirement and enjoy!