Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 8, 2009, 06:51 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default farcry 2 ending sucks

well just finished farcry2. Man was i disappointed great game all the way through and then wait for it and wait for it and then nothing comes but the credits. that sucks worst ending every
Old May 8, 2009, 07:07 AM
Banned
F@H

You enjoyed it? I played about 40 hrs...realized I had done the same thing over, like 60 times...

The storyline in this game is so very weak, I stopped playing. The game engine is very good, but the actual gameplay itself sucked, IMHO. Get job, go to area, kill bad guys, get item/diamond, go back. get new job, go kill guys, get diamond, go back. Get job, chase down convoy, kill guys, go back.

Finding "tape recorders" to develop the storyline is the weakest thing yet...uh, bioshock did it, sure, but that fit in the world. I mean, I don't think I saw one single cutscene after the beginning...

In the end, I'm happy to hear that my decision to not waste my time with this title any more was a good one.
Old May 8, 2009, 07:16 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

People are going to kill me for this but I acutally liked the game more than the crapfest that is Fallout 3.
Old May 8, 2009, 07:17 AM
Banned
F@H

heh I'll totally agree with you on that one, SKYMTL.

Using the Oblivion engine was a HUGE mistake. Nevermind taking a month fater relase to get the game properly stable on all three platforms...and there still being many crash bugs...Fallout 3 musta been in some fallout itself, and the quality potential degraded largely while in the radition emitted from teh developer's cubicles...
Old May 8, 2009, 07:50 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I like FC 2 because it is pretty open-ended and the gameplay -while like many other games- actually works.

Fallout 3 on the other hand completely lost interest for me when the decided to implement Games for Windows Live in one of the patches. That and the fact that constantly missing your target gets VERY annoying.
Old May 8, 2009, 08:01 AM
Banned
F@H

I am just at the point now where I need storyline to motivate me to play a singleplayer game. I don't watch TV...maybe a movie a week, and the rest of my free time is reading, or on the internet. FarCry 2 greatly lacked in that regard.

The AI is atrocious...I didn't die once...I heard you cannot die, and one of your "comrads" comes to save you...never needed them...

Maybe I just don't appreciate the open-ended-ness..I dunno...If it wasn't for the included bench, I probably wouldn't have bought it, as I have it on my PS3, and on the PC.
Old May 8, 2009, 08:40 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaveca View Post
You enjoyed it? I played about 40 hrs...realized I had done the same thing over, like 60 times...

The storyline in this game is so very weak, I stopped playing. The game engine is very good, but the actual gameplay itself sucked, IMHO. Get job, go to area, kill bad guys, get item/diamond, go back. get new job, go kill guys, get diamond, go back. Get job, chase down convoy, kill guys, go back.

Finding "tape recorders" to develop the storyline is the weakest thing yet...uh, bioshock did it, sure, but that fit in the world. I mean, I don't think I saw one single cutscene after the beginning...

In the end, I'm happy to hear that my decision to not waste my time with this title any more was a good one.
You spent 40h on it? Wow, better than me. I think I maybe played 10-15h before I said screw it. Just got way too boring from all the repetition like you said.
Old May 8, 2009, 08:43 AM
Banned
F@H

Yeah, I have alot of patience(duh, 4 kids). I kept hoping it would get better...and the visuals kept me entertained for a bit too...environmental changes are done very well, but night-time render blows chunks.
Old May 8, 2009, 09:12 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I finished FC2 and liked it a lot. I'd agree the story telling was pretty weak, but the constant run-n-gunning of FC2 just seemed to work for me and I had a blast with all the weapons and open world.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old May 8, 2009, 09:16 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

graphics great story line what story i mean did they really even finish the one you were playing it just kinda stops and then credits.