Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 17, 2009, 10:59 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Cool Starcraft II battle report 2

I just finished watching the second battle report released from Blizzard over at Giantbomb.com and it's pretty darned impressive. I'm so excited at the new tech for the terrans and I think I'm going to have to improve my "clicks per second" if this demo is any indication just how important micro management will be required to be a good SC2 player.

StarCraft II Battle Report 2 - giantbomb.com

Last edited by Alwaysrun; April 17, 2009 at 11:09 AM.
Old April 18, 2009, 08:05 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This is gonna be one sweet game.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old April 18, 2009, 10:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

nice video!

When is it supposed to come out?

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old April 18, 2009, 12:00 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inik View Post
nice video!

When is it supposed to come out?
On Halloween this year, according to Futureshop. Future Shop - Starcraft II

Retailers have been wrong though.

Old April 18, 2009, 12:36 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Personally, I don't find anything interesting about it. Looks like the same old, same old to me.
Old April 18, 2009, 05:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

i agreed with skymtl...

i dont see any major changes... just redesign graphics, control panel and improve performance...

but i dont know why its still developing for more than 3 years (yeah only beta or whatever in korea)... is it something with balance?
NEW: customize case, hx100, i7 920, supreme hf, x58 sabertooth, 3gbx2 ram of ripjaws, xfx hd6950 CF. vertex 2 60gb, seagate and hitachi 1tb, dual mcp355 with ek rex v2, 2x koolance ar697, 2x mcr320, 6x zm-f3 fans.
OLD: cm 690, hx620, intel q9450, True Black, ga-ep45-ud3p, 2gbx2 ram of mushkin xp2 8500, xfx 285. wd caviar se16 640gb, 4x zm-f3 fans.
Old April 19, 2009, 03:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTA View Post
i agreed with skymtl...

i dont see any major changes... just redesign graphics, control panel and improve performance...

but i dont know why its still developing for more than 3 years (yeah only beta or whatever in korea)... is it something with balance?
You got it. Game balance they take seriously.

Yeah it might be the same old but it is still gonna be a great game. It would be horrible if companies only made radical changes every time. So why change something that is awesome. There is a place for TBS, there is a place for classical RTS, etc.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old April 19, 2009, 03:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Starcraft was one of the few RTS games that I really enjoyed. Looking forward to number two.

The world is your oyster. Shuck away my friend, shuck away!
Old April 19, 2009, 07:36 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

So basically, it's like a well-aged 50-year old going in for facial reconstruction and a boob lift. She comes out looking like a hot-assed 30 year old.

You see her at a club and spend loads of money buying her drinks and whatnot. Meanwhile, you find out after the fact that she is old enough to be your mother and she has to go home to take her calcium pills.

Much like this game isn't it? Give it a face lift and you are paying money for nothing but something you have already seen for the last TEN years.

Personally, from everything I have seen of this game I think Blizzard should have left well enough alone and let it continue making an amazing number sales in the bargain bin. The fact they are doing nothing but adding in a few features and giving it some polish means nothing to me. If they are truly the pioneers everyone says they are, let them take the genre in a new direction like they did when SF was first released. If not, this is nothing more than a money grab.
Old April 19, 2009, 07:41 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
So basically, it's like a well-aged 50-year old going in for facial reconstruction and a boob lift. She comes out looking like a hot-assed 30 year old.

You see her at a club and spend loads of money buying her drinks and whatnot. Meanwhile, you find out after the fact that she is old enough to be your mother and she has to go home to take her calcium pills.

Much like this game isn't it? Give it a face lift and you are paying money for nothing but something you have already seen for the last TEN years.

Personally, from everything I have seen of this game I think Blizzard should have left well enough alone and let it continue making an amazing number sales in the bargain bin. The fact they are doing nothing but adding in a few features and giving it some polish means nothing to me. If they are truly the pioneers everyone says they are, let them take the genre in a new direction like they did when SF was first released. If not, this is nothing more than a money grab.
I couldnt agree more