Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 13, 2009, 07:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default Demigod

Well, what can I say, I've been in the Beta since the beginning, was hyped up with everyone else about the concept and then all my hopes and dreams were crushed.

While not a bad game it is boring and repetative, the generals are just weakish assassins with a couple minions which you have no control over so no RTS style. Minions in general are weak and irrelevant at the beginging and then as strong as the demigods when at the end, or at least as strong as only partially leveled demigods with no abilities.

My biggest gripe is with Generals, they are just assassins for the most part but can summon a few creatures of their own which they cannot control independantly and dont do a whole lot. For the most part they dont do anything different than assassins.

Items are for the large part unbalanced and dull. Flags are an unimaginative game mechanic. Skills do not have enough variation, and there are not enough of them.

My advice, go get DOTA (mod, I forget which game, long long time since I played) and you will have a better demigod. You'll save money and have more fun. I'm stuck with it so all I can hope is that Stardock will fix this.
Old April 13, 2009, 07:46 PM
Hall Of Fame

hah I didn't even get to playing it.

The fact it has a super crappy single player mode turned me off immediately.
Old April 13, 2009, 08:30 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I steared away from this like it had the plague after hearing from SKYMTL that it was a bugfest. I still was holding out hope it would be good and I guess I was enamered by the glossy production stills and cutscenes but after seeing gameplay footage and watching the ongoing dev diaries on IGN I passed on it. Seriously poor mechanics and weak gameplay. To bad though, I like the whole premise of Demi-gods battling and controlling minions. Personally I wouldn't waste a 20 disk on this p.o.s if you get my drift. Epic fail
Old April 13, 2009, 08:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

Actually, I quite like this game. Not quite sure where all the bugs are, since it only crashed once on me throughout the entire beta. And quite a few of the 'bug' complaints through the beta were from people with frankly ancient hardware. The engine looks good, and will easily hold over 40fps at 25x16 w/AA on my single GPU.

An actual story mode would have been interesting, I think. And online play can be extremely frustrating when going against coordinated opponents with Vent or TS, since many of the game mechanics really lend themselves to ganking.
Old April 13, 2009, 08:42 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I don't know if I have talked about this before but the premise has been done VERY well in the past. The game was called Sacrifice and it was fun as heck...but devilishly hard.
Old April 14, 2009, 12:32 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Gameplay looked kinda boring to me in the vids.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE