Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 21, 2009, 06:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

On my gaming rig I normally give myself a reason to format often enough that I don't have problems with too many completely ignored games.
I think this will only be a problem if you somehow filled your HDD with Electronic Arts's SecuROM limited install titles.
Old March 21, 2009, 08:51 PM
MVP

My System Specs

...I want to stab the person who created securom. Repeatedly. Probably with a titanium spork.

I always have a problem with getting rid of games. As soon as I pay enough attention to a game to ponder whether or not I should delete it, I get the urge to play it instead.

Unless I've overplayed it, of course, but for me that's normally not a problem. Games like Morrowind, Oblivion, or Fallout 3 keep me interested for hundreds of hours without fail. (Easier to play hundreds of hours of Morrowind, though, since it was so much bigger than the other two, and "fast-travel" was a foreign concept. Also, it was normally more effective to run up to something and hack it to death than try to shoot it. . .)

I mean... I still like playing Battlefield: Vietnam. It doesn't take much to entertain me, haha.
Old March 21, 2009, 09:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
Lemmings!
The original on Sega was soooo good.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old March 21, 2009, 10:14 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

I have actually downloaded it for PS3..somehow, its not the same.

I played Lemmings on a 486DX
Fold for team #54196
Old March 21, 2009, 10:41 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Playing old favforites on emulators or virtual consoles just isn't the same. I haven't touched the VC on my Wii, actually, though I have my cousin's funtioning NES to thank for that. A Sega Genesis VC on the other hand, I might shell out money for.
Old March 22, 2009, 12:40 AM
Allstar

I disagree. I have had more fun playing games on emulators than I did originally. Probably because save states and memory hacks let me have a lot more freedom than possible on the console. Of course, this depends on the maturity of the emulator. Basically right now, any console older than PS2 have really mature emulators and playing these games on PC are a blast.
Gigabyte HD 6970 OC
Gigabyte Z68X-UDH3-B3
Seasonic 760W
Coolermaster Hyper 212+
CM690 w/ 1-80mm, 6-120mm fans.
Old March 23, 2009, 08:58 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontier204 View Post
On my gaming rig I normally give myself a reason to format often enough that I don't have problems with too many completely ignored games.
I think this will only be a problem if you somehow filled your HDD with Electronic Arts's SecuROM limited install titles.
I'm with frontier. Format FTW! If it wasn't for that my HDD would be packed full of games I haven't played in years. Although every time I format SC & SC:BW always find their way back on...