Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 7, 2009, 07:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

I got it on the day of release, still didn't finish it... Time complete my build!
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old May 8, 2009, 09:19 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Dude it's not that long, you can finish it pretty quickly. I quite liked it, more of the same FEAR just updated, although I think this one was probably the easiest of all of them.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old May 8, 2009, 02:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I still havent played the fear 1 expansion, im thinking about picking it up as soon as my rig is back up and running. I really wish more games where this good...

I agree with thunderball this game was pretty easy and takes very little time to beat, I think all in it took me 2 days? But the story and game play where easily worth playing again.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old May 8, 2009, 03:40 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

yea sux it was so short,but awesome game no doubt. the day i got it i had the whole day to myself so i started it and finished it in one sitting str8 through. loved the mec suit,wish there was more play with it lol
Old July 29, 2009, 09:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

This sounds promising!

Quote:
New single-player is headed to Monolith's F.E.A.R. 2 next month in the form of a DLC campaign dubbed "Reborn."

The content will include four levels of a length equal to those found in the original game, according to an IGN interview with the developers. Players will take on the role of replica soldier foxtrot 813 as they fight through the extra strages.

Trophy support and achievements are of course on the docket. No word on a PC release, though Monolith eventually brought the first two DLC packs to the PC in the form of free patches.
F.E.A.R. 2 'Reborn' DLC Scheduled for August - Shacknews - PC Games, PlayStation, Xbox 360 and Wii video game news, previews and downloads

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old August 5, 2009, 07:33 AM
Allstar

I'm a little late to the party but I have to admit that Fear 1 was much more immersing then this one and the ending was not very good at all. I enjoyed it but would of preferred a much more open gaming environment that allowed my character to be more interactive with the environment instead of being so linear.

7 out of 10

CHEERS
Old August 5, 2009, 08:24 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
I'm a little late to the party but I have to admit that Fear 1 was much more immersing then this one and the ending was not very good at all. I enjoyed it but would of preferred a much more open gaming environment that allowed my character to be more interactive with the environment instead of being so linear.

7 out of 10
GTA FEAR, FEAR CRY 2, FEAROUT 3, FEARLIVIAN? lol

It was as good as the first if not better, just not much new that's all.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

HEATWARE
Old August 5, 2009, 09:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
GTA FEAR, FEAR CRY 2, FEAROUT 3, FEARLIVIAN? lol
Exactly,,,sometimes I feel like playing a game with little thinking.....just moving, ducking n shooting.....
Quote:
It was as good as the first if not better
I thought it was better than the first and the Exapnsion Pacs.....

I was using the Flamethrower in the Operating Theatre and my GPU's hit 83c

Old September 4, 2009, 10:36 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

FEAR 2 Reborn DLC now available on Steam - $9.99

F.E.A.R.2: Reborn (DLC) - Age Verification

Quote:
Experience four brand new single-player levels in this additional DLC campaign for F.E.A.R.2! Coinciding with the events seen in the full game, you will experience the chaos of Alma’s aftermath from an entirely new point of view: that of Replica Soldier 813. Your mission begins with an orbital Powered Armor drop to reinforce your fellow Replica squad… But not everything is as it seems. Supernatural events run wild in the apocalyptic remains of Auburn. Another voice is beckoning you; contradicting orders from Replica command. Find out the answer to this, and many new questions, in the DLC campaign F.E.A.R.2: Reborn!
And FEAR 2 is "25%" Off right now too on Steam. So you can get 1.5 games for ~$50. Note that FEAR 2 is usually about $40 in store as well so if you like hard copies you always have that option.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

HEATWARE
Old September 4, 2009, 11:02 AM
Rookie

A better deal is that Direct2Drive has FEAR 2 for only $25 this weekend, and since the game uses Steam as it's DRM, you can essentially just take the serial key it gives you and stick it right in rather than using the D2D client to download it.