Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 14, 2009, 12:41 PM
Top Prospect

Thumbs down HL2 Madness

So years after it was released i am currently attempting to install HL2 (via disk not steam). I installed steam yesterday, so it's definately the current version. when I click the install button from the HL2 menu it says

Quote:
There is not enough free disk space to run steam
Considering I know there are 299 Gb of completely empty hard drive space, and steam is running perfectly fine on my pc now i don't know what to do

Anyone know what to to?

Thanks from SFF

P.S: I run 64bit vista home premium.

Above: A dangerously small image of the aforementioned error.
Old March 14, 2009, 12:51 PM
Top Prospect

Found answer on steam support I think it'll work now
Old March 15, 2009, 09:23 PM
Top Prospect

Steam has been a constant pain in my butt ... I make a point of avoiding everything steam. Except HL2, which is my all-time favorite game
Old March 15, 2009, 09:25 PM
F@H

My System Specs

So what was the issue? (I'm guessing you've got a small partition set up for OS that it couldn't install to.... :) ).

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old March 15, 2009, 09:48 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Steam has been a constant pain in my butt ... I make a point of avoiding everything steam. Except HL2, which is my all-time favorite game
Honestly, I haven't had troubles with Steam since the days of it's release. It's gotten infinitely better and has gotten my hard earned cash in more then one occasion!

Old March 16, 2009, 09:04 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama_egg View Post
Honestly, I haven't had troubles with Steam since the days of it's release. It's gotten infinitely better and has gotten my hard earned cash in more then one occasion!
I bought Left 4 Dead a few months ago and I never did get it installed ... After dealing with the so called support (not the first time), I gave up and swore off steam. I know others who have never had a problem ... For what ever reason, I'm just not steam compatible.
Old March 16, 2009, 09:14 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Heh, some people are like that. My friend is not gmail compatible, his attachments almost invariably end up corrupted with gmail, but hotmail works fine. For me hotmail drops nearly all my attachments:).

I had this same issue running Vista 64, can't remember what the fix was but will need to soon when I reinstall my OS.
Old March 17, 2009, 09:09 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckleBrother View Post
Heh, some people are like that. My friend is not gmail compatible, his attachments almost invariably end up corrupted with gmail, but hotmail works fine. For me hotmail drops nearly all my attachments:).

I had this same issue running Vista 64, can't remember what the fix was but will need to soon when I reinstall my OS.

Not a steam product, but I had problems with the latest Tomb Raider (what ever it was called???) I installed it on my desk top computer and it would not start ... I tried every trick in the book (and some that aren't) with no luck ... I installed it on my laptop and had the same frustrating result. I gave it to my nephew, he installed it on his crappy old computer and it worked perfect.

Sometimes you just have to laugh and say WTF