Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 28, 2010, 01:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Sweet! Glad to see another giving this some love.

I am a big fan of hacking all the cameras and turrets in each area. And it always cracks me up when I come across an area I have hacked everything and there's like a group of splicers battling it out with security bots and turrets, lol. I love how the splicers get all mad and shout their frustrations out. Then I just stroll on through maybe taking a couple shots at the splicers and then pick up all the loot, even though I was just passing through on my way somewhere else. Or when you can hear in the background somewhere security alarms going off and/or turret gunfire. It always brings a smile to my face. :)

Almost finished now I made it to Point Prometheus last night. So I'll probably be back to AC2 well before Bioshock 2 is released. And damn there are a whole bunch of great games coming in March too!

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old January 28, 2010, 01:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Oh boy... here we go again. I feel like such a hypocrite for pre-ordering this. :(

Comments - BioShock 2 Multiplayer Matchmaking Detailed - Shacknews - PC Games, PlayStation, Xbox 360 and Wii video game news, previews and downloads

Quote:
We chose to spend the time we had creating a solid game foundation and unfortunately that did not include LAN play or dedicated servers.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old January 28, 2010, 04:07 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

I'm not too inconvenienced by this since I bought it for the single-player mode, but the reason they gave is complete bullshit. It's a UE3 game, and UE3 has excellent built-in LAN and dedicated server components. They may not have used that for the original Bioshock, but I'm sure it would have been fairly trivial to add it in considering how much of a focus they seem to have put on the multiplayer mode itself.

Even worse is that I just read the multiplayer is being handled by Digital Extremes, who worked on the multiplayer for the goddamn UNREAL TOURNAMENT games! You'd think that these guys would be able to figure out how to implement dedicated servers and LAN play.
Old January 28, 2010, 04:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Ya I know! Trouble coding an Unreal game for MP, like really? LMAO what a terrible excuse.

I am also buying this for the SP. I will probably noodle in the MP a bit to see what all the hub-bub is, but I am buying this for SP. I didn't buy MW2 so as to speak with my wallet (not that it made a difference ) and stand up for my PC brethren. But 2K following in IW's footsteps has me so bloody conflicted about buying this now. When did gaming become so complicated? I just want good games, good features and fair prices. But now it's DRM, stripped down features, poor console ports, shorter campaigns, meh DLC, and inflated price tags (not including Steam sales).

Honestly if this wasn't a great pre-order 4 pack deal I would probably be passing on it at this point, unless the interwebz was raving with 10/10 reviews and gamers were echoing the praise. Even then I would wait for a sale and just keep plugging away at all the 3 for 2 games I got at xmas.

Sincerely,
Conflicted Gamer

Desktop:
See the drop down!

HEATWARE
Old January 28, 2010, 05:00 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

I'm not even particularly bothered by the lack of dedicated servers and LAN play, since I don't have any real interest in the multiplayer (let's face it, I own a hell of a lot of games with multiplayer modes, and a lot of them will be better than this). What pisses me off is the bullshit excuse they gave to justify the move. If they had just been honest, I would have been a bit irritated, but not too perturbed. But I don't like it when someone lies to my face.
Old February 2, 2010, 12:10 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I am so, so terribly weak. Now I NEED the Uber Edition!

YouTube - BioShock 2: Special Edition Unboxing + Uber Edition

Desktop:
See the drop down!

HEATWARE
Old February 2, 2010, 05:26 PM
Allstar

I pre ordered the uber edition a long time ago! Sweet.

Recently my girlfriend (studying in litterature) found a new class available for next year in her University : Video Games litterature. She told me she already want to prepare a study on Bioshock and asked me to do a playthrough with her to analyse the game in depth. If she ever publishes an article about it (may take a year?) i'll let you know.

Old February 2, 2010, 05:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Tim that is so cool about your gf. I LOVE talking literature. And I don't need to tell you Bioshock's narrative is second to none. She'll probably want to do some work in comparing it to works by Ayn Rand and her philosophy of Objectivism and Rapture's amazing Orwellian downfall. Ohhh how awesome I totally want to read her paper!!! I am frothing at the mouth right now... I am NOT KIDDING! O.O

;-)

Desktop:
See the drop down!

HEATWARE

Last edited by Thund3rball; February 2, 2010 at 05:44 PM.
Old February 2, 2010, 09:55 PM
Allstar

D'Oh, i meant special edition, not uber edition

Well i hope Thund3rball that you are billingual because if she writes anything it'll be in french!

Old February 3, 2010, 12:11 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Gah! Nope, no Francais. :(

Desktop:
See the drop down!

HEATWARE