Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 9, 2009, 10:59 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Uprising

Uprising the newest C&C RA 3 expansion hits the streets on Thursday March 12th.

More cheezy cutscenes but one hillarious personality of note this time around is Rick Flair of wrestling fame.

I lost that loving feeling for all the C&C games after the best one Red Alert 2 was released and it seems that every installment has been a effort to top the last one in rediculousness and over the top overacting and candy coated graphics.

YouTube - Ric Flair - Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising Announcment
Old March 9, 2009, 11:06 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Looking forward to this, but I can do without all the Rick Flair ads. I'd much rather see more of the hotties. :)

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old March 9, 2009, 11:19 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I love the direction they took with these last few games; although I havn't played them to their fullest... I'd like to though.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old March 9, 2009, 04:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY... gimme some Tesla Tanks for russians and then we'll kill'em all..maybe some better infantry too..CAN'T WAIT..

Last edited by omgwtf; March 9, 2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old March 10, 2009, 02:20 AM
Hall Of Fame

meh, did not like RA3, was a waste of my money, will not be getting this, waste of harddrive space. The cheesy acting is pathetic in my opinion and quickly killed the RA3, though the gameplay wasnt much better
Old March 10, 2009, 04:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

That's better. Ditch Flair, bring on Yuriko! Gigafortress looks awesome too.

Gametrailers.com - Red Alert 3 Uprising - Yuriko Prime Walkthrough HD

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old March 10, 2009, 04:41 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

The Yuriko campaign looks like what they did in Dawn of war 2. Omitting the base building and concentrating on a single or few squads and upgrading their abilities. It's not just similar to Action RPGs but it IS an action RPG. Really that's fine by me as I also like action rpgs and I guess it's been done alot before where they merge the RTS genre with RPG elements (ala Warcraft 3 where you played a really really long bonus campaign as Thrall)
Old March 10, 2009, 05:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I am cool with it too. Totally like a dungeon runner as said in the video. I think it will be a nice infusion into the game. I mean all the RTS will still be there but a short trip down Yuriko's past will be cool. I am always up for genre blending. Just hope it is actually fun!

Desktop:
See the drop down!

HEATWARE
Old March 10, 2009, 06:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Diablo :P
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old March 11, 2009, 04:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

The Japanese look to overpowered with that giga shit...