Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 5, 2009, 07:16 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default Joystick Options

So basically i am in the market for a new joystick (i broke mine :( ) but i havent needed one for about 8 years (my old saitek was durable). I loved but but i can't seem to find one that i either like, or is in my budget (under $50) I would love another saitek but they don't seem to have alot. I don't want force feedback as IMHO is a waste of money. Any ideas ?

Old March 5, 2009, 01:04 PM
MVP

My System Specs

if you have access to an old xbox controller you can make it work on a pc pretty easy. i posted some info and linked the drivers in the street fighter thread. its a <30 min mod, doubles as a usb mic/headset jack and generally works perfectly for whatever i have tried it with. if you dont have one around you should be able to find one cheap. i can post a pic of my adapter if you are interested.

aside from that i am totally out of touch with pc controllers and have no good advice lol
Old March 5, 2009, 01:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0m View Post
if you have access to an old xbox controller you can make it work on a pc pretty easy. i posted some info and linked the drivers in the street fighter thread. its a <30 min mod, doubles as a usb mic/headset jack and generally works perfectly for whatever i have tried it with. if you dont have one around you should be able to find one cheap. i can post a pic of my adapter if you are interested.

aside from that i am totally out of touch with pc controllers and have no good advice lol
Problem is i don't want to use a game controller (i'll just use my ps3 controller) i want an actually joystick (for games like freespace).

Old March 5, 2009, 03:00 PM
MVP

My System Specs

ahh sorry. i havnt used a joystick for so long that the term joystick is interchangeable with gamepad. do ps3 controllers work on pc too?
Old March 5, 2009, 07:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

they kinda do. you have to use a third party driver and there is currently no support for 64 bit.