Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 2, 2009, 09:27 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Default EA Game Server Help

Hey everyone...I think I'm at my wits end with this one.
I Purchased Army of Two (When it first came out) and Merceneries 2 (when it came out).

Everything for Online play worked fine, I could connect with anyone etc etc.
Well, for the last week I have tried everything under the sun to get my Xbox to connect with EA servers but to no avail.
I'm using a D-Link Wireless-N class router, and none of the settings changed from the time I could connect, to the time I cannot.
Anyone else have any ideas? Anyone else have the same problem?

Thanks in advance,

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 2, 2009, 09:46 AM
MVP

My System Specs

that ea server is kinda flaky in my experience. i played through army of two with a friend from about 5 blocks down the street. every single night that we played one of us would get kicked out, and it would tell both of us that the other had left. we were still on live and could still chat no problem (private chat). we could start it back up and it would work though. then with mercs it didnt happen every time but a few times he would start a game and when i tried to join it would give a message saying 'cannot connect to ea server' when i loaded it up on my machine. it usually corrected itself but it was pretty lame considering live was always fine. same with battlefield:bad company trying to play with a buddy in my squad. we never finished a match in our whole time playing that game in the same squad, but we could both play in different matches all night without joining up. i hate that ea server...
Old March 2, 2009, 09:51 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Agreed EA game server is totally flaky. My experience is with Red Alert 3. I usually have trouble joining a game. Once I have joined (finally) it's fine until that mission is finished. Then it boots me off and I have to login all over again. Yup do this a number of times a session.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old March 3, 2009, 07:47 AM
F@H

My System Specs

So...In other words I'm pretty much SOL until eventually I can connect again?
Damn..... and I was really having fun on those games too...

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com